Confide

After leaving the room in a haste, which seems to have become my thing, I headed towards the infirmary to check up on Jace, which was a good enough excuse to leave Alec and Trey in my room with a giant question mark on their heads. I had slightly forgotten how to get there and ended up crashing into, an extremely flamboyant, Magnus Bane. "Excuse me," I said as simply and politely as I could to avoid the attraction of too much attention after all this is my boss' boyfriend. 

"You're new here aren't you? Most of the people in this place don't even notice me unless I crash into them." Magnus said with distaste and I felt somewhat happy with myself for not being my usual rude self. "Yes I am new I guess, and as for most the people in here, I like to think of myself as more open-minded."

"It's nice to have modern minds around here sometimes, God this place needed new blood I almost jumped when Alec had the idea to transfer you both." 

"Trey? You've met him?" I ask more out of genuine curiosity, not that Magnus buys that for a second, "Why so curious Jordyn? I mean I guess he has a pretty face but he has the exact same personality as Jace." I began to make the words of argument against Magnus' first comment but decided against it as I remembered what I was meant to be doing. "How is Jace?" 

Magnus rolled his perfectly lined eyes, I need to learn to do it like that, and sighed, "Winning attitude as always but he should be fine." I momentarily sighed and Magnus looked directly into my eyes, "You did well. Using a gauze may have helped speed up his healing too." I smiled, "Thanks, just quick thinking I guess." 

Magnus once again averted his eyes to mine as if to identify my honesty, "Why do you carry gauzes in your back pocket anyway?" I shrugged without hesitation as not to look suspicious, "I guess you never know when you'll need first aid, I don't like the idea of relying completely on a stele." I said as my eyes averted to my stomach for a split second. I hoped Magnus didn't notice.

"Wise choice indeed," he replied and relief washed over me, our conversation was brief and I managed to make it to the infirmary before Alec, Trey or Isabelle could follow me. Jace was sat up in the bed complaining to Clary, who seemed to want him to stay in bed a little longer and heal much to Jace's annoyance. "I'm fine Clary." which only earned a very empathetic eye roll from Clary, she spotted me enter the room and looked for assistance, "Please tell him to stay."

I laughed at the simplicity of the situation, "I'm sure he's fine but a little advice, Jace Herondale, your girlfriend is looking out for you. Listen to her." Clary just smiled and nodded, "What she said." Jace this time was the one rolling his eyes, "Fine."

I decided to leave them to their time together and started to leave the room when I heard Jace shout me, "Jordyn, isn't it? If you don't mind I'd like to talk to you." he said, Clary and him exchanged a glance, clearly, this conversation was pre-determined. I sat down on a chair nearby and waited for Jace to speak, he took his time but eventually he did. "I haven't had a chance to say thank you for saving my life have I?" 

"It was nothing," I said almost instantly. Jace pretended to look offended, "I don't know which way to take that." I laughed. "It was a pleasure saving your life, better?" 

"Much." 

"If that's all then I better get back to work," I said as the room became quiet all of a sudden, then Jace told me the real reason he wanted to talk, he'd spoken to his parabatai. "Alec said you had a panic attack, are you okay?" I just nodded and gave my signature one-word answer to questions like these, "Fine." 

Jace looked at me suspiciously, "I'm trying to figure you out." 

"What do you mean?" I asked mocking Jace's use of more than one brain cell at a time, I know he's smart but for this specific topic, I kind of hoped he wasn't. His next sentence confirmed I didn't hope enough, "The panic attacks, the scar on your stomach which for some reason you're lying about, I don't know it just feels like you're trying to hide something."