EPILOGUE

16 YEARS LATER...

"Mom! Dad's being unfair."

Isabella Crossfire screamed as she entered my room, dramatic as always. I had decided a long time ago that was a trait she'd gotten from me. I laughed as I awaited the upcoming rant. "Why? What's he done now?"

"He lets Dawson bring home any friends he chooses, but God forbid I invite a guy over after training and he loses it! It's bad enough he's already threatened any mundane boy I speak to, now he's going after my Shadowhunter friends too."

I tried to hide a laugh as I recalled the last boy our daughter had brought home. He reminded me of how Clary used to describe Simon. Smart, shy, and had the ability to list anything related to pop culture. The poor boy was shown what a seraph blade looked like not even ten minutes into his visit. I hadn't seen him since. Isabella wasn't exactly lucky when it came to guys since none of them lasted long after meeting Trey, but she'd never complained this much. I smiled to myself.

She must really like this boy.

"What's his name?" I ask, much more invested in the details surrounding this boy. I saw my daughter tense as she seemingly became more and more nervous. She played with the hem of her shirt anxiously before finally giving me a name.

"Zac Havensend." she murmured quietly under her breath.

"Dawson's best friend?" I questioned, my eyes bulging slightly in surprise. It was then that I understood what had happened, "And he's the one who told your Dad." I guessed, only to be confirmed by her nodding.

I liked Zac. He seemed like a good kid and he'd been a great friend to Dawson ever since they were old enough to what friends are. His parents travelled a lot so he often stayed with us in Dawson's room. I can imagine what Trey would have thought of that now.

I stood up from my bed and hugged my daughter close to me, the growing baby bump not big enough to cause restriction just yet. "I'll speak with your Dad, he'll come around I promise," I assured her as I smoothed her long ink black hair under my palm. I was grateful that she got her appearance from me. The Lightwoods have good genetics.

I made my way to the training room to find Trey and Jace. Jace seemingly had the upper hand, as he usually did. That was until Trey spotted me and, with the sudden need to show off, threw Jace to the ground without issue. I walked over to him, kissing his cheek whilst grimacing at the amount of sweat on his body. "You need a shower," I stated bluntly, giggling as he picked me up ensuring all of the sweat ended up on me.

When he finally put me down I placed my hands on my hips, pretending to be annoyed, "Was that completely necessary?"

He pulled me to his chest, holding me in his arms for what felt like a millennium, "Absolutely Gorgeous."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname that, even after all this time, would have the same effect on me as I heard it slip from his tongue. His hands moved to my bump, holding them there as he spoke.

"How's our little one doing today?" he said as he kissed me softly.

"Practising his training early apparently, I swear I've felt him move more today than the other two ever did." I mocked annoyance, with Trey only smiling in response. He knew I loved it when I could feel our baby move.

Trey tensed for a moment, "Speaking of the twins, I may or may not have pissed off our daughter."

I acted dumbfounded, "Oh really? And how did you do that?" I said, knowing full well that he'd done more than piss her off.

"I forbid her from seeing Zac Havensend. I found out from Dawson that they've been close and I may have acted out."

I slid my hands up and down his forearms soothingly, "You have to give her a break, Babe. Imagine how angry you'd have been if someone forbid me from seeing you."