Sick

A week has passed since I saw my father for the first time and I'm content on keeping it the only ever time I look him in the eyes. Not to mention the harrowing sickness that has gave Alec the excuse he's been waiting for to bench me. "You need to take a break before you get injured again." is all I've heard from him in seven days and to be honest I may strangle him if I hear it again. Trey's been around. I miss him during the day but then I remind myself not to be dependant on a guy, look how it might have turned out if I had relied on my father's love. Yeah, no thanks. 

I threw up my lunch for the second time today as I watched the world go by without me, I hate being sick. Not to mention I think Magnus is nearly at the brink of kicking me out. Being home alone all day brings out a boredom in me that is to some people terrifying. Basically I get drunk until I can't remember my name, not that it would take a lot anyway.

Magnus, being a party guy himself, has been more lenient than I expected. And I'm incredibly grateful of course but I also don't know how to stop. In Paris I drank more bars into droughts than there are droughts. My brother, Carter, and Dawson used to have to pry me away from a bar at 3AM before I'd even gotten near the top shelf. I had no limits. Maybe me being ill is allowing me a break for all the shit that has thrown itself at me lately, either way I'm enjoying every second. 

I was currently raiding Magnus' tequila cabinet, yes he has one, and dancing my way around the living room whilst listening to Troye Sivan sing through the great sound system in the apartment, my ideal afternoon. My clothes stank of vomit and my tears had caused mascara to form black rivers on my face but I really didn't care. That was until Trey came home early. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" 

I looked at him as though he had just asked me what day it is, "Having a self loathe party to myself, you weren't invited if you couldn't tell." 

"Clearly." he muttered under his breath just loud enough that I could hear him perfectly, I handed him the bottle that was now half empty, "Who likes invitations anyway?" I offered and gave him a small smile, as cute as I could possibly look in my current state. He took the bottle and evaluated the offer before taking a sip of the tequila, his face scrunched up and I laughed a genuine laugh. "Lightweight." 

"I think you'll find you're just numb to alcohol." 

I shrugged, "I don't feel anything at all." I said and I could've smacked the mocking grin off of his face in an instant. I felt his arms hook around me from behind and I nested my head backwards into his chest, "This I can feel though." 

We stayed there, listening to each others' heartbeats in sync with one another and forgot we were stood in the middle of the living room, "I'm disgusting right now aren't I?" I said referring to the vomit and mascara rivers on my face. He moved his head and kissed my cheek lightly underneath my cheekbone, "You're perfect." 

"And you're a liar." I said mocking him as we moved into my room. I managed to change for what I believed to be the first time in a week and I threw myself beside Trey on the bed. He was the first to speak. "We still haven't talked about what happened with your dad." 

"Robert Lightwood isn't my father, blood or not."

"That bad?" he asked with a half smile, I turned to face him on my side and tucked a strand of hair back that had fallen in front of his eyes, "I just realised that I don't need to rely on anyone, I've always been better alone." 

"You're not alone Jordyn, not now, just hear me when I say it because I swear to the Angel Raziel I will make it my life's mission to be by your side." he said with nothing but conviction and I had a hard time convincing myself he wasn't being totally honest with me.