Lightwood-Bane

"How is it that you can fight demons but not tie a tie?" I heard Jace's mocking tone sounding throughout the room. Alec was fumbling around with the material as if his life depended on it, all the while our siblings were being their usual selves. "Jace leave Alec alone, the guy wears the same holey jumper all year round, ties are basically foreign to him." I piped in on the teasing long enough to earn a glare from my dear twin and watch him eventually figure out the tie. 

"Has anyone heard from Magnus? He might need assistance too and I sure as hell have enough teasing from just one of you alone." Alec said begrudgingly. I smiled and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "Clary and Simon are with him right now and Catarina and Tessa promised to help him run through his vows. He's in good hands." 

"Oh no..." Alec's voice trailed in panic, "No no no no no..." 

"Alec, what's wrong?" Jace asked, now replicating that same panic. Alec began pacing back and forth across the room, searching frantically for something. "Alec what are you-"

"My vows! I put them down to fix this stupid tie and now I can't find them. I can't just say things off the top of my head! I'll stumble and I'll sound like an idiot."

"You sound like an idiot right now." 

"Jace not helping." I stated bluntly as I continued to get ready, Alec continued to pace around like chicken with it's head cut off so fast that I was getting whiplash. "Alec sit down. You're stressing yourself out." 

"Jordyn what do you expect? I need those papers." 

Just as I was about to attempt once again to reassure him Izzy walked back into the room, clutching something in her hand. "It's lucky that one Lightwood at least knows what organisation is." she said whilst handing Alec's vows back to him. "You're welcome." she said in an attempt at self praise. We all laughed in unison with one another before Izzy and I headed off to get ready. Not without an interruption from Trey and my two adorable babies. 

"Trey I thought Mom was taking care of them?" I said whilst grabbing my two littlest angels from his arms, he kissed my forehead lightly before speaking up. "She was, she just needed to go and sort something with the caterer, so I thought that you could appease these two little ones." 

"Admit it." I started in a mocking voice, "You just wanted an excuse to see me." 

He cocked his head to the side, as if in deep thought, before pulling my lips to his. "Yep. That's definitely the reason." I laughed against his lips and took Dawson and Isabella from his arms. Don't you both look smart? Did Daddy actually put together a good outfit for the first time in his life?" I teased him. Trey looked at me with a look of fake offence, "Of course not! It is my role until the day you die Jordyn Lightwood to annoy you with my non existent fashion sense." he said whilst grabbing a glass of champagne, grinning cheekily at the confused glances he received. 

I took the two young ones to my room with Izzy and she entertained them with her singing voice until I was finished getting changed. "Iz please my children need their ears." I joked as she eventually stopped singing. "Suit yourself, my talent is second to none." She gloated in the midst of us both laughing. Dawson and Bella were looking at their mom and aunt as if we'd gone insane, which only made us laugh even more. Izzy picked up the twins, "I'm going to take these two back to Mom, the wedding is starting soon." I went to join the wedding party and eventually got in position. 

Izzy and I walked out together carrying small flower arrangements that tied together with a small ribbon. We made our way down the long staircase of the venue and headed to the front of the venue, where Trey and Simon were waiting to take our arm. As Trey joined at my side he leant his head into mine, "You look stunning."