Date Night

TREY'S POV

Did I mention I loved Jordyn Lightwood? I really do love her. 

Walking around New York City in the crisp night air was as fulfilling as I thought, made even more exhilarating by the beautiful woman at my side. I remembered back to my reaction, seeing her walk out of the bedroom as we got ready to leave. 

... 

"Are you ready yet? I want to get in at least an appetiser before Alec decides to return the twins back." 

"He won't. He promised us the whole night, and until whatever time tomorrow. He knows better than to go back on a promise to me." 

I was taken aback for a moment, "Wait you remembered that?" I said with a glimmer of hope in my eyes. Her voice paused for a moment, "No... sorry, Alec told me I once chased him and Jace around the Institute because they didn't return my blades after they used them. Kinda pieced stuff together." 

I sighed, "Don't worry about it. You need a trigger, a natural event that will cause a switch in your cute little head to turn on." I explained what Magnus had told me, grinning as I imagined the sour look on her face from me calling her 'cute'. What I didn't expect was to see what came out of that room. 

She was somehow even more stunning than I believed possible even for her. She had typical black suede boots that came above her knee and fishnets on beneath. Her dress was a clean cut and simple royal blue shade that fit every curve like it was tailored just for her, her signature leather jacket hooked around her shoulders, showing the sharp collar bone that made my lips tingle. She was beautiful. Even with minimal makeup and long ink black hair cascading down her back effortlessly, she seemed to shine in my eyes so much it blinded me. 

"Whoa." I muttered under my breath and watched as she giggled innocently. As if she doesn't know what she does to me. I thought before following my deepest desires to hold her close to me.

"Come on, we can sort out your issues once we've ate." she said whilst biting on her index finger slightly, attempting to mask her amusement. "You sure we can't just order in, it'll be just as fun I assure you." I said, I might as well have tried. 

"And waste this outfit?" She challenged me in a small grin that made me want to kiss her senseless, I held out restraint knowing how much I was affecting her too. She was being more flirty than usual. "I suppose not." I surrendered and held out my hand, "After you m'lady." 

...

"What are you thinking about?" She asked me, breaking me out of m daydream, "Is it cheesy to say you? Because I can't exactly get you out of my mind." I said honestly without a moment of hesitation. She smiled a genuine smile and lifted her hand, the one not grasping tightly onto mine, placing her tiny palm onto my cheek and brushing up and down with her thumb. "You don't need to filter yourself with me. I may take the piss out of you sometimes and annoy you to a point of no return... but I know how much my heart swells when you're not around me Trey, I know how much I miss you when you stand but a foot away. I know how much I love you." 

I placed my hand over hers and laid a gentle kiss on her lips, so faint you could feel the air between them as we parted. "Let's eat." I said as I guided her to the stairs of the restaurant. 

...

"So what you're saying is I'm terrifying?" Jordyn questioned me as we ate. I accidentally brought up the fact that she has a habit of threatening Jace when he annoys her. I smiled as she took pride in the idea, "To some people, definitely." I laughed whilst sipping on the glass of red wine I'd graciously almost finished, for the fifth time. In my defence Jordyn was on her sixth.