Melting the Mask

JORDYN'S POV

Questions. I have a few to say the least. 

So, I may or may not be the missing Lightwood twin, I may or may not have been Maryse Trueblood's long lost daughter, and I may or may not still asking myself these questions whilst antipaciting the next few hours of my life. 

"You don't have to do this Jordyn, if you want to heal first th-" 

"Alec." I cut him off, "If I don't do this now you'll never see me again." 

"What do you mean?" he asked despite his face telling me he already knew exactly what I meant, "You and I both know it's easier for me to run rather than face the reality of the disappointment of my life." 

"Would you still consider it a disappointment if you'd grown up with us, if you hadn't been-" 

"Abandoned?" I cut him off again. He looked deep into my eyes, as though avoiding my eyes would seem less genuine, "If Mom had known she'd have gotten you sooner, deep down you must understand her situation." 

"Then understand mine as well, brother, my life was the type of crap that people don't even try to write about. They can't, you cannot envision it and you can't go back and have a do-over. It may not have been entirely her fault but don't blame me for not wanting to pretend the alternate story is real." 

He sighed as he looked towards his feet, "If I'd known-" 

"You didn't." I assured him, "And I would never blame any of you for not knowing who I was, in the end I knew I had a brother as much as you knew you had a twin. Don't let it get to you." 

"It's gonna hurt. You do know that right?" He asked and swiftly changed the conversation, "We have to alm-" 

"Almost kill me. Believe me I know." 

Alec cleared his throat and I was honestly surprised he hadn't yelled at me for interrupting him continuously throughout our conversations, "I'm your brother Jordyn, no matter what eye or hair colour you have. Just know that." He looked up at me and I just nodded, we didn't need to say anything. I wouldn't dare deny what he said. He left to check on Magnus and I finally spoke, "I will try you know, to be your sister? I couldn't think of a better brother to have." 

His smile before he left the room gave me the confidence I needed. I have to do this. 

IZZY'S POV

The past few days have taken such a toil on everyone that I needed a reprieve, and I knew only one person would truly understand. 

"Hey Simon. Thanks for coming." 

"Not going to lie I nearly didn't, you did a number on me Iz." 

The look on his face hurt me more than I'd imagined, I've broken up with people before and I've watched their faces break through a mask of pain but his destroyed me. His eyes were a duller colour than usual and his infectious smile had faded to a slight grin, I needed to fix what I had done I just didn't know how. 

So instead I broke down, and cried into his arms. "Izzy what happened?" 

"My whole family is shifting on it's head and I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Simon stroked his hand through my hair and held my tear stained face, I started sobbing more, "Jordyn Reid is Alec's twin, she's my long lost sister that my parents decided wasn't important enough to tell me about." 

"Wait... What? She's your sister?" 

I nodded in the midst of wiping away my tears, "Valentine supposedly kidnapped her after my parents betrayed him in the Uprising. They thought she was dead."