Unforgivable

IZZY'S POV

I would give anything away right in this moment to relieve Trey of this burden. This choice will be the death of him no matter what he chooses and that raw fact is seemingly clawing at his brain piece by piece. He's powerless against his own selfish mind and it's eating him alive. I held him close to me as he explained his decision, none of us in the room dared question him. We didn't have the right to, no one wanted to be the one to make that decision. I will always admire his strength for that. His choice was well understood, but everything's about to change. 

Because he chose to save her. Jordyn

He was willing to risk his child's life to ensure his future with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world, they're both so young still. I doubt it'd be their last child. But that doesn't matter, because staring at him as he sobbed his overgrown heart out at the base of Jordyn's bed, I knew he'd do anything to save them both. He'd die to save them both. So that's what me and Magnus were trying to do. 

We plan to try and save them both. 

...

ALEC'S POV

Izzy comforted Trey as much as she possibly could but she too was at a breaking point. This was never supposed to happen. They were both supposed to live. 

Iz and Magnus have maybe found a way, a risk of course, a way to almost speed up the growth of the baby so he or she can be delivered extremely early. By doing this, Jordyn can have the surgery to remove the shrapnel and glass shards from her body and prevent her from bleeding out, we won't lose my sister and her baby will hopefully be around to know her strong and beautiful mother.

My sister has been through a lot since she arrived in New York, hell, even before that, but it's only made her stronger. I know she's strong enough to survive this, she's been through a lot worse after all, but there's a small shred of worry pitted deep in my stomach that I cannot, no matter how hard I try, I can't shake it. I'm terrified my sister's going to die. We're all terrified.

I remember the day I met Jordyn Reid. I never would've predicted she would stay at the Institute very long nevermind that I'd gain a sister, a twin.  She had the worst attitude and noticable anger issues, something I now recognise as one of her more favourable traits. Now I love her so much that I can't imagine walking these empty hall without her. I can't imagine the apartment without her unauthorised visits, I can't imagine marrying the man I love without her at our sides making jokes. I can't imagine my world without my sister in it. So call me selfish but I'm glad we're trying to save her. 

We're trying to save them both.

CLARY'S POV 

It's been a while since I've seen Jace so distraught. I think, in a way, despite the jokes back and fourth between him and Jordyn, he genuinely sees her as another sister. And after all the family he's lost and found over the recent years, I don't want to see him go through losing anyone else again. 

I don't want to lose her again either. 

Jordyn Lightwood had become one of my best friends over the past year and a half. We've had so many movie nights and just moments of solitude as a whole group, a whole family, since she arrived. She's brought us all closer together in a way I never saw happening. I never would've imagined when I first found out about the Shadow World that I'd be part of this family. But I wouldn't take any of it back for the world. I've lost people I cared about, and I've seen pain unspeakable but, somehow, it's made me stronger. I just hope it'll do the same for her. She has to make it through this. 

I want to save them both.

TREY'S POV

I don't know if I'll ever forgive myself.