Parent hood

JORDYN'S POV 

I don't know when it was that I found happiness in simplicities. Over the past month I had gotten so used to getting home from mission, safe and sound, and calling Trey in Texas. He was so easy to talk to, so easy to be in love with everyday. But part of me keeps questioning whether he's only easy to be around when he's not around. The thought aches in my head and I've been ignoring it for days now. I lay down after a long day of training, Alec had insisted since I have a tendency to overwork myself, and I waited for the call. I waited for nearly an hour before I gave up and fell asleep. 

...

I headed downstairs the following morning without even picking up my phone in fears I would launch it at someone, out of all the days he gets too busy it had to be the day I had my first doctors appointment?! I was angry at myself more than anything because I'd allowed myself to get so reliant. I was cut out of my interior ranting by Alec, sat at the dinner table surrounded by a mix of various cake samples. "I won't even ask." I said laughing. 

He subtly shook his head and I followed his gaze to a seriously angry sounding Magnus. "He's been organising this wedding since before he even thought about proposing, it seems all I can do is eat the cake, not that I'm complaining of course." he said and smiled towards his stubborn sounding fiance. 

"I wish my life was so simple." I said trailing off towards the end of my sentence, Alec noticed and seemed to piece together what was on my mind. "Doctors appointment?" I nodded. "You'll be fine, is Iz going with you?" 

I shook my head, "I told her and Clary no. I'd rather go alone if I'm being one hundred percent honest, the only person I want there I haven't spoken to in three days and even then I'm not telling him." 

"Why is that? You not telling him I mean?" Alec asked and I just looked at my hands, "It's so easy to talk to him when he's not stood in front of me, he feels closer when he's miles away and I can't help but consider what would happen if he knew. Would he hate me? Would he stop calling every night? Or would he hate himself for not being there, for leaving in the first time?" 

"I think he'd race back if he thought he could have a child with you, and as far as hating you goes I doubt there's a cell in his body that is capable of hating you." 

I shook my head, "If he comes back we'll be back at square one. He'll still be away from his family and he won't be able to get over the fear of causing me pain, that'd only get worse with him wanting to keep the both of us safe." I said whilst letting my hand wrap across the front of my stomach, a slight bump emerging beneath the leather. 

"I think he, alongside most of this family, would die to protect you and that baby you're carrying. I don't think that's a bad thing." 

"It is if my actions cost any of you. You could be injured or even killed and I won't stand for that. Not when I know I can protect myself perfectly fine."

Alec held his arms up in surrender, "For now I can agree to disagree, but eventually you'll start showing. What then?" 

"I was actually going to ask you about that, well ask Magnus to be more specific."

"What's the issue Cheekbones?" Magnus asked as he finally joined us at the table, I couldn't help but scoff at the nickname but they both seemed amused so I let it go. I realised I was probably going to wipe the smirk off of their faces with my question but I asked anyway, "I need you to glamour me to look.. to look.. less pregnant?"

"And what happens when you're supposed to be eight months along and you still look like a Victoria's Secret model? Doctors may be slightly confused."