Way Back to Eachother

JORDYN'S POV

"Awe did you miss me Trey?" I joked as the call connected. I hadn't heard from him in a few days, I was so caught up in morning sickness and drowsiness to even notice after a while. I made up my face to seem even the slightest bit healthy and faced the camera with a wide smile plastered across my face. He replicated the smile tenfold, "I always do, but I doubt that's completely one sided."

I blushed very slightly, mumbling a short and quiet, "Maybe..." under my breath. He laughed lightly and I couldn't help but be trapped inside a fairytale. The only thing that would make this moment even better is if-

"I'll be coming home soon, you better host one hell of a party." he joked and I almost missed it, I froze at the words. He's coming home. Back to New York. Back to me. Sensing my inner monologue he caught my attention again, "Jordynnnnn, you still there?" 

"You're coming back?" I repeated his own words as if to hear him saying it again, he smiled and reached for the phone, his instinct most likely to grab my hand, he always seemed to do that. "I'm coming back to you Jordyn," he then continued to joke, "It almost sound that you don't want me back." 

"I can't wait to see you. I want to breath the same air for the first time in so long and I want to hold you as I fall asleep," I said honestly before the doubt starting crawling in, "but..."

"But what?" he asked inquisitively. 

"A lot's changed since you left. I'm not the same Jordyn you walked away from." I said as I looked down subtly, my hand out of the camera holding my small bump as if to draw comfort. Trey watched me intently and his eyes were trying their hardest to mask the concern in them, "I never plan to leave you again, I swear Jordyn Lightwood I would move the angels in their slumber to ensure I stay with you forever. I don't need anything but the woman staring back at me to make me the happiest man alive." 

"Trey you can't know tha-"

"Jordyn." He interrupted me, "I love you. I love you so much and I don't think that after everything that's happened we could truly be apart again. You bring out the best in me, your smile, your laugh, your beautiful blue eyes and black hair that I know you still second guess everytime you look in the mirror, I love everything about you." 

"I've gained weight," I said jokingly, "You might want to keep your receipt on those loving declarations." 

"Babe if I was going for looks do you think I'd fall in love with the girl whse had a glamour for most her life?"

"That's true." I said, pushing aside the scenarios building in my head, I was dreading his reaction more and more now I knew he was coming home. "Jordyn, stop stressing yourself out. I love you." 

I decided on turning the conversation on its head, now remembering that Trey hadn't been active for a few days, "What've you been up to? Since you haven't been online for nearly a week." 

"Right, about that..."

"Trey..? What happened?" 

"I sort of...well... I was in the hospital."

"What?! And you didn't think to tell me?!" 

"I was fine it was no big deal."

"You don't go to the hospital for just anything Trey! What was it?" My hormones were now raging, derived from both fear of losing him and anger at him for keeping this from me, I deserved to know the father of my child isn't going to die anytime soon. I then settle my thoughts and remind myself he doesn't know. With a calmer tone, and softer voice, I spoke again before he could get a word in, "I don't want to lose you Trey, we need you here in New York. Alive. Not in a casket."