Confrontation and Comfort

MAGNUS' POV 

When I snapped out of Jordyn's memories and back into the real world I was joined by a familiar face. Alec was watching me eagerly and I quickly glanced to his hand that had made it's way to my shoulder as if to express his concern, "Mags, are you okay?" 

I regained my strength, my eyes focussed on Jordyn's still completely motionless body apart from the expected breathing pattern. "Yeah, I just saw something when I was in her memories," I said and watched Alec's eyes change to become particularly inquisitive, "Memories? Why were you in her memories." 

"That's where her mind seems to trap her when she has this panic attacks,"  I explained before remembering something Alec told me before, "You said her family was in a car accident? Four years ago was it?" 

"Yeah, I guess it was some sort of highway accident or something. Both her adopted parents died." 

I remember the horrific images that must cloud Jordyn's brain every day, a highway accident was nothing in comparison to what I saw, Alec noticed me staring at her again and tried to divert my attention, "Magnus, did you see the crash?" he asked, I couldn't answer a blunt yes or no, "Alexander, I've seen some violent scenes in my long life but she's only twenty-four, she's only the same age as you," I started and Alec watched for me to continue, "What was left of the car was exploded into nearly nothing, there was fire everywhere. There was a boy around the same age as her at that time blown to pieces outside of the metal and-" 

"And what Mags? Where was she?" 

"It was as if she'd dragged herself away from the car, she and the boy that was with her looked as though they'd been thrown from the vehicle in the explosion. She was barely sat up, with a younger boy on her lap." 

Alec was looking at Jordyn with the same face I was displaying, extreme sympathy and pain. We couldn't imagine being there and Alexander was lucky enough to have not seen the event as I had, although neither of us could even begin to comprehend the pain she must feel. "She was sobbing Alexander, screaming for the boy to be alive, there was barely anything left of his body, I doubt she even knew how badly she was injured." 

"The scar," was all that Alec said. "What?" 

"She has a scar, she was insisting it was from the Battle in Alicante but I suspected different, it stretches right across her left side and mirrors that of a blade." He said and I shook my head, "Glass shard, a rather large one at that, it was cut into her so deep that it could've cut her in half." I attempted to shake the image from my head before I looked back at Alec. "What is it?" he asked me. 

"Is Jordyn glamoured?" I asked bluntly. Just as Alec was about to, I presume, ask what I meant Jace walked in without knocking. He took one look at Jordyn and then at Alec, "I told you she has panic attacks." Instead of feeding his smug and egocentric face I instead asked the question again. Jace looked surprised but answered anyway, "I don't know, but I am convinced she's hiding something."

"Like what?" I asked and Jace just shrugged, so helpful as always. Before we could speculate further Jordyn woke up abruptly, screaming to be specific. Alec held her down before she could attempt to beat the crap out of any of us. "Let me go!"

"Not until you calm down." Alexander and I said as though in unison, our soothing tones harmonising together as if to relax her slightly. When we were convinced she'd regained mental control we sent her to the spare bedroom to fix herself up a bit since she'd been crying massively, whether she was in full control or not. When she finally resurfaced from that room after about an hour we all decided that she needed to start talking. 

JORDYN'S POV

Don't get me wrong, I was extremely grateful for Magnus' help in pulling me out of that nightmare, I don't recall it ever being that bad. It was like I was feeling the pain of the crash this time, without being able to scream in ignorance. I found my hand lifting up my shirt to see the wretched scar that stretched my side, I ran my fingers along the broken tissue and let it all in slowly with full control. I don't know how I survived that night. I'm still not certain whether I actually did in the first place.