Priorities

My heavy eyelids fluttered open and I woke up in my bed, with an overwhelmingly painful cramp in my side. "What the fuck is this?" I ask as the pain shoots up my side as if passing along every nerve in my body. I could hear the laughter of my siblings alongside Magnus, Simon and Clary. "It's amazing, even when she's in pain she's got a tongue sharper than a seraph blade." Magnus joked and I watched as Alec told him to be serious I just replied with a simple, "Bite me." as I rolled my eyes. 

"Seriously though, what happened? I don't remember falling asleep and if I did I would love to know why you're all watching me sleep. Kinda creepy don't you think?" 

"Do you ever stop talking for even one second?" Jace asked and I grabbed the water bottle from my bedside and tossed at his head, unlucky for him that I don't miss. "I take it back." he said and I smiled victoriously as Clary left his side to join Izzy and Alec. "You sort of passed out." she confirmed as I could presume she sensed my impatience. 

"Sort of?" 

"You passed out." Alec corrected, "But given the circumstances, we thought it best to keep an eye on you." 

"How long have I been out?" 

They all shifted uncomfortably, "Around four hours. But to be fair Trey said you've been out for longer befo-"

"YOU SPOKE TO HIM?!" I screamed and I hadn't realised just how loud until I saw them all jump. In that specific moment however, I couldn't have cared less, "Well?!" 

"No one's heard from him, he's changed his number. We've tried so many times and Izzy tried when we first found out you were pregnant." Simon says and then shuts up extremely quick when Izzy sends him a glare. He shouldn't have told me that. 

I decided on a calmer tone, it was Izzy, I'm not a monster and I love my sister. "You called him. You tried to call him to tell him I was pregnant. And you didn't once think that I should have a say." The whole room was silent you could've heard a pin drop, I must have looked pretty terrifying for no one to even breath out of sync. My impatience grew and grew until I was ready for exploding, "Isabelle? Alec? Anyone got anything to say?" 

"We thought he'd come back, I thought if he knew he would help you out. You don't deserve to deal with this all alone." 

"That wasn't your call to make Iz. I don't need him here." I said, my tone remaining calm but my face displaying a shape of pure annoyance. Iz nodded, "I know that. And I have no doubt you'll be an amazing mom with or without him." 

"I'm finally in a good place. I feel fine and honestly, I would love to have him back. But I'm no longer waiting for a phone to ring, I'm not sitting on the doorsteps of the Institute hoping he'll come back. I'm okay."

Alec finally spoke up after I'd apparently calmed down, "Jordyn, I need to talk to you privately." he looked up at the others and they all nodded, even Magnus left the room. The silence once again plagued the room and I waited for my brother to speak. 

"I need you to take some time off training for a while, all fieldwork to be honest." 

"I'm not having this argument again. Alec you can't tell me what to do." 

"This isn't going to be an argument this time, and I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life but-" 

"But what?" I looked up and tried to sit up further, only to feel the stinging pain up my side again, this time even more severe. I nearly completely creased in pain and Alec held onto me as I screamed in agony, he activated my iratze on my neck and it seemed to soothe, remaining only as a dull ache but still as painful to my side.