Breaking

I let my back hit the roughness of the wooden door as it closed behind me, I hadn't decided whether kissing Trey was a great idea at the time, but all I knew is that at that moment I didn't care. I heard his door close and gave myself enough reassurance that for once, I'd had a good time. A day I hadn't regretted the morning after, and I owe Trey that at least. I knew I was just kidding myself if I thought that life wouldn't turn to shit in the morning, but for now, I can sleep peacefully. Maybe Iz could offer me her council in the morning.

IZZY'S POV

I gave me and Simon a few days apart before I spoke to him again, deep down I was telling myself I should've called him at least but neither of us did anything. I just hope he doesn't think I left it too long. I sent him a message for us to meet in Central Park and I had spent the last hour watching my phone. Nothing. I started heading out with nothing but the hope he at least shows up.

Central Park was beautiful at night, the crisp winter breeze was threatening to suffocate you in a way that made you crave the fresh air more, let's be real no New York air would ever be fresh. I walked slower than usual to take in the darkness around me, partially terrified of it swallowing me whole, and to prevent the inevitable meeting.

I eventually made my way to the place I'd told Simon to meet and didn't need to wait for long before I saw him make his way towards me. "You didn't answer my messages," I say and mock a small grin in hopes of lightening the mood, he looked up but his head seemed to be somewhere else and I was in the process of driving myself crazy trying to figure him out. "I didn't know how to respond Iz. Would you have preferred Clary message you for me?" 

"Don't be like that." 

"Like what?" He snapped and I remained silent, deep down I knew he had every right to be mad at me but my pride was interfering with those thoughts. He repeated himself, "Like what? Iz?"

"Like you haven't hurt me just as much!" I hadn't realised I was yelling until Simon seemed to jump back in shock, his vampire reflexes caught off guard. I carried on talking much calmer, "I can't blame you for loving Clary, Si, I can't. But I can blame you for not understanding where I'm coming from, for not getting why I feel the way I do." 

"Iz I don't love Clary, not the way I used to." 

I let out an uneasy spark of laughter when I listened to him try and reassure me, "Did you hear what you just said?" He shrugged and looked at me in confusion, "I said I don't love Clary-" 

"Like you used to." I finished his sentence for him. When he still didn't understand what I was getting at I explained myself further in annoyance, "Not like I love you." That's what he should've said, but he didn't. "Iz-" 

"I love you, Simon Lewis. And I was terrified of saying that to you because I know you don't feel the same way. I can't ignore you for weeks and pretend I hate you because, quite frankly, I'd love to find one person in this world that is even capable of hating you." I saw Simon smile as I spoke but his charming grin fell eventually fell when I carried on, "But I know my worth. I watched my parents' marriage fall apart and I swore to myself I would never stay with someone who didn't reciprocate my feelings because, in the end, it destroyed their marriage and I would never sell myself that same fate." 

"Izzy, you know how I feel about you. It's just hard you know? I've been in love with Clary since we were barely even children, I'll always hold her in my heart but I care about you. I care about you Iz. I just need time."

"Simon please-" 

"I can prove it to you, I promise. I'll do everything in my power to put Clary behind me, everything."