Walk Away

JORDYN'S POV 

I wish I could wake up every morning like this. To be able to watch the sun fall and rise again like a phoenix from the very ashes it created in front of my own eyes. To be able to see the first beams of light welcoming the morning sun through the windows and know that, for a brief time only, I was happy. I wish I could forever be a slave to my happiness rather than my torment, I wish I could enjoy my life the way I am expected to. But, as everyone familiar with the blood in their own veins are fully aware, being happy is a temporary measure. It's not meant to last. When the sun rises again, so arise the problems from the previous day, almost as though they never left at all. 

I rolled over slightly beneath the soft silk sheets to face Trey sleeping peacefully in the early morning. I ran my hand lightly through his soft, long hair and brushed the strays out of his face. I was careful as to move around with a firm grip on the sheets as I was still particularly bare beneath them, however, I was in no way embarrassed, just cold. I rested my head back on the pillow and in the crook of Trey's neck, I was surprisingly really comfortable around him now as I guess showed last night. Apparently, my sudden movement disturbed the precious sleeping beauty at my side causing him to snake an arm around my waist to hold me even closer to him, almost to remind me that he was awake. 

"Are you trying to suffocate me?" I asked in a light laughter and without hesitation he let me go, I looked at him in confusion, "I was joking Trey, I'm fine." His body stiffened beside me, I watched as his gaze went down to my stomach and, to what I presume, my scar. "You never told me about that." He said and I felt his hand brush across the tissue, "It's from the crash isn't it?" I didn't move much or say anything, I barely nodded before he spoke again, "You're so-" 

"Broken?" I finished for him. He shook his head and tilted to look straight into my eyes, "Strong." he replied and leant his head down to meet my lips, kissing me so softly as though I would break. "What's with the sudden fragility? You've never been so delicate with me." I joked and instead of laughing with me he looked at me as though I was insane, "Last night shouldn't have happened," was all he said and I felt as though I'd been smacked in the face. "And why not?" 

"Because you were upset, it was wrong of me to take advantage of you like that," he said with an extreme measure of guilt and sorrow. A sudden annoyance built up within me and I grabbed his hand from my scar and brought it to the side of my face and held it there, I then trailed it down my jaw and rested it on my neck, "Do you think I would've let you do this-" I began and used my own hand to wrap around the back of his neck and brought him close enough so that I could whisper in his ear, "If I wasn't the one in complete control." I finished and lightly sucked on his ear causing his breathing to quicken before I grabbed the sheet once again and stood up to head towards the bathroom. "You shouldn't tease a guy like that." I heard him say before shutting the door and showering, I half expected him to interrupt me but I was proven wrong, once I was showered and changed I headed back into the room.

"Seriously though, are you feeling better?" he asked, full of concern. "You mean do I still want to plunge a dagger through my heart?" I heard him sigh at my response but he didn't say anything, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't," I started and I watched as he became full of worry in an instant, "but I have for a long time. As fun as last night was, those feelings don't go away in a second. They just, in certain moments, become more bearable. I think you help with it too." I say and offer him a weak smile, he smiled faintly back at me before coming to me. Trey held my hand and allowed me to rest my head on his chest, "As long as you want me, I'll be there." 

"Partners in crime." I responded whilst grinning ear to ear against his body, "Exactly." He responded almost instantly. 

We must have stood there for less than a minute, despite it feeling like hours, and when we finally broke apart I ached for his arms to hold me just a moment longer. Instead, we just continued our back and forth conversations for hours. It was nice to have Trey around even just to argue with lightheartedly. I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost didn't hear what he said next. Almost.