Family

JORDYN'S POV

I always wondered where that exact moment in my life would be where I reached my peak happiness, where I felt nothing but excitement for the following day. I also wondered if you could have several peak moments no matter how selfish. Yesterday I truly felt like I belonged for the first time in years and I never wanted it to end. 

Oh and my twin brother got engaged so there's that. 

Ever since I met both Magnus and Alec their love for one another radiated off of eachother the way a strong perfume would, it makes me sick how much they love eachother. I regretably never knew Alec before Magnus but hearing Izzy tell stories was enough fo me to have a completely different opinion of who he was. Magnus has inspired my brother's lighter side, more free side, and I can't thank him enough for that. I just hope one day I can have that too. 

I looked to the stunning man lying beside me as I allowed myself to drown in my thoughts. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this, the happiness, won't last. I just want one more day where I can wake up, look to the guy I love and watch him sleep his troubles away. I don't think I'll get use to saying that. The guy I love. 

"Thinking about me again Gorgeous."

I looked at his cocky smirk and raised my eyebrow in plain amusement, "You're so full of yourself."

"I told you you'd love me eventually." he said and pulled me to his chest, "I guess you did didn't you." I muttered to myself whilst resting my head against his body, remembering every emotion being with him gave me. He turned to look at me, "Why did that sound so miserable? What have I done now?" 

"Calm it, not everything's about you. I know, shocking." I joked but the concern in his face hadn't moved and I felt his grip on me tighten slightly. "No Jordyn, in all seriousness, what's wrong?" 

I sighed and joined my hand with his, interlocking our fingers together, "I have a pit in my stomach that's making me feel sick that's all."

"What are you worried about?"

"That this" I lifted up our joined palms, "that something will ruin it, that the way I feel right now isn't going to last." 

Trey didn't respond, he lowered his head and placed a soft kiss on the top of my own before lying back down, we lay for what felt like hours before he came up with words to say,"I'm not going anywhere Jordyn, as long as you want me here. I didn't love you for ten years to only have you for ten minutes." 

"You didn't love me for ten years." I said bluntly as I slightly scoffed in disbelief. I felt his chest rise and fall as he laughed lightly, "Of course you'd say that." 

"Because it's true." 

"No it's not."

He turned over so we were both lying on our sides facing eachother, "You remember the day I first met you, you remember the day I left for Texas. But you know nothing of the years that followed that." 

I sat up slightly, resting my head on my fist, "Educate me then." 

He copied me, mocking my previous actions and laughing at his own attempt at humour, "Well, when I left Paris I nearly got the flight the day later so I could see you for another day, I eventually convinced myself that it wouldn't be any easier leaving a day late so I got on the plane." 

"Congratulations." I mocked and in return he pushed the arm I was leaning on, "Rude."

"As I was saying... I eventually got to Texas and my family were happy to see me of course, but my Nana wanted to know where my girlfriend was."