Starting Anew

"Are you sure you want to do this." Olivia, more commonly known as Sombra, your sister looked at your grief stricken face. "Hermano, something happened, huh?" she sighed and continued, "If you go back into the mercenary business, you're going to have to go back to doing...mercenary things, y'know. So, I get it if you don't want to tell me what happened but are you sure this is  what you want? (Y/n)? Hello?" you didn't respond to Olivia, you were recounting everything that had happened and you already knew your answer to Olivia...

FLASHBACK!!

     "(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" you stood, leaning against the door-frame to Winston's lab. "Uh...agents still have a few more days until Thanksgiving break is over, y'know." you nodded and said, "Yes, that is true. But not for me...because I'm not an Overwatch agent. Not anymore. I'm sorry Winston, tell everyone that I'll miss them but...this is for the best." Winston's look went from confusion to flat-out astonishment. "Wh-what? But...(y/n)! You're one of our best agents. Why would you..." "Winston, I'm sorry but...I need a break. A long one, k?" Winston's look was one of sadness but he nodded. "Are you sure you want to do this." you looked at him. "Yes."

End Of Flashback

     You looked up at Olivia, "Yes. This is what I want, sis." Olivia nodded grimly and said, "Well, you're gonna need some new gear. None of that Overwatch crap. Not anymore. C'mon, this way. I've been working on this for you, you'll like it." Olivia got up and led you deeper into the warehouse that she had been using as her base and home for the past few years. You walked through the warehouse, the walls lined with stolen tech, weapons, and some of Olivia's own creations. There was stuff everywhere too, from toolboxes to holo-vids. Olivia led you to a wall where she spoke a string of Spanish to the wall. "Encender las luces." she whispered. 'Turning on the lights', clever. When she unleashed her huge EMP, she would say 'Apagando las luces!' or 'turning off the lights.' The wall suddenly split into 8 panels that all moved a side, creating an open doorway to a secret room. "My private workshop and room." Olivia explained.  You both stepped into the room, in the far left corner, a bed with purple sheets and black pillows rested. In the far right corner, a huge desk with Olivia's personal holo-computer, blueprints, and a bunch of other half assembled contraptions. There was a toolbox lying next to the desk and on the right side wall, was a bunch of gear. "This is where I keep the big guns. All of this stuff here is top secret, I only know about this stuff. Not even the military have figured out how to do what I can do." Olivia winked at you. "Pick your poison, hermano." Olivia gestured to all of the gear. There was everything from high-tech combat suits to rail-guns to the tiniest objects. You examined each piece of gear until you picked out this suit...

 You examined each piece of gear until you picked out this suit

It was lightweight but jam-packed with tech. You could test all of its capabilities later. You picked a few guns out and finally a pair of gloves. "Um...Olivia? What do these do?" you said, holding up the gloves. They were a sleek black and purple, they didn't appear to do anything though. "Ah! That's one of my best creations! I call them...hack-gloves. You basically put them on and they project a holographic keyboard so you can hack right then and there. Without a computer or anything! Cool, right?" you looked down at the simple looking gloves and put them on. "Thank you so much for all of this, sis. I should probably get going though, need to find a hotel." "Oh, no, no, no! You stay here, hermano. I've got plenty of space here anyway. Plus, we can go on missions together too." you shrugged and ran over to your car to get your bags. "I've got a spare room on the second floor, you can permanecer (stay) there." you smiled faintly at her and thanked her. You then took off up the stairs, you needed to just be alone for a bit. As much as you loved your sister, you just needed to be alone and think everything through. You dropped your bag on the floor and started transferring all of your clothes into the dresser. Then, you grabbed the pistol Olivia had just given you and stowed it under the pillow in the bed. You kept rummaging through your stuff and making this room your own until you stumbled upon your old Overwatch armor and weapons. You could feel a tear slowly streak down your face as you stared into the faceless bullet proof glass of your helmet. The glass was a dark blue and your face reflected off the glass. You had been able to keep in your sadness but seeing this old memento of your past Overwatch life tipped you over the edge and into the dark hole of sadness. Plink! Plink! The sound your tears made as they fell from your face and onto the blue glass of the helmet. You heard the door creak open and already knew your sister was there. Olivia walked over to you and hugged you, you hugged her back and you knew this was the start of something new. This was starting anew.