Curtain Fall: The Sequel Sequel

(A/n) Ok ok ok. I know I know I know. I know I said that there'd be one final chapter...and then I proceeded to split that into two chapters. And then I said that would be it. Aaaaaand now I'm doing it again. I know I know. Excuse my stupidity and clumsiness. Alright this will be the final chapter!

...maybe...idk

(Voice #32) Ughhh y'all have no idea how painful it is to live with this guy.

     "E-Em? Is that you, love? What...what have you done?" Lena barely choked out in a pained half-whisper. Her hands over her stunned gaping mouth, Lena's eyes began welling up with tears. A thin, toothless, hauntingly disturbed grin began spindling itself across Emily's shadowed complexion. 

     "What have I done? What have I done??" Her eye twitched slightly. "I've improved. I've become what you never thought I could! I've become strong. Stronger than you. Stronger than him," she hissed, shifting her fiery gaze onto you for just a moment before snapping back to Lena. "Because this is what you wanted, right?!" she shouted incredulously. You gazed on in horror as semi-translucent black smoke began seeping out of her robes, cascading down her shoulders, rising and rising off her steaming form. "You did this!!" her voice strained, getting hoarse as she screamed. "YOU!" she thrust out her finger, now enveloped by a sharp silver talon. Lena's breath caught in her throat as she grit her teeth. "It was always, 'Em, it's not you,'" she made a poor impression of Lena's higher, more sing-songy British accent. "'Em, what if Talon finds out we're together?' 'Em, what if I can't protect you?' 'Em, I'm sorry, this.' 'Em, I'm sorry, that.' Em, Em, Em!!" her eyes were smoldering, a deep-seeded inferno trapped behind glossy black orbs. "Well guess what, Lenaaaa??" she cackled. 

     "That's enough." you asserted, stepping in front of Lena and staring down the unhinged inferno of a woman before you. You clenched your jaw, there was no mistaking it: Jesus Christ, those really were Gabe's powers. You silently thanked Lena for putting a bullet in that insane excuse-for-a-scientist Moira's brain. Emily swished her hair out of those cold black eyes, carefully setting them upon you. Her hair was redder than you remembered, like the darkened crimson of dried blood. A far cry from the crisp almost ginger you used to know, like falling orange and red leaves in Autumn. There were scuff marks and thin, well placed scratches all along her face and down her neck. This wasn't the Emily you used to know. No... far, far from her. 

... 

     Completely and totally overcome with emotion, you'd rushed into the Talon super-complex with zero care or fucks given. After everything: after the troubled childhood, the even worse teenage and young adult years, after the extensive and brutal military training, the countless ops, the innumerable amount of assassinations, the thousands upon thousands of bodies you'd amassed, the graveyards you'd filled, the gallons upon gallons of blood red that drowned your ledger, the far too many friends you'd failed, the decisions you'd had to make under the force of overwhelming pressure, all the lines you'd crossed, all the moral codes you'd broken... you'd sworn to yourself... after meeting Lena, after joining Overwatch, after having begun to atone for your endless sins, after having finally turned your life around for the better, you'd sworn, you'd sworn, that you would never go back to that place. That dark, cold, emotionless, apathetic, devoid of mercy or fear, devoid of care for not only the nameless, faceless enemies you slaughtered without a second thought, but devoid of care for yourself, that lonely, lonely place. You'd promised yourself you were a better man now, that you were a changed man, or at the very least, attempting with all your heart and strength to be.