Broken Hearts Mended

(A/n) And yes...the title does probably mean what you think it does...;) Also, HUGE SHOUT OUT to all of you guys for bringing this story above 6.1K reads! I'm also getting a ton of notifications of you guys adding my story to your own personal reading lists, so thank you so very much!

     "Drop the weapons and fight me like a real man." Blake said gruffly. You shrugged and cockily said, "So...be the opposite of you?", dropping your arsenal of weaponry as well as de-activating your weapons systems in your suit. Blake discarded his various weapons as well and he glared at you. In a sudden rage, he charged you with the force of a rhino. You expertly back flipped over his speeding form. You landed gracefully behind him and turned in time to see a roundhouse kick sailing through the air straight for your unprotected face. You leaned back and watched Blake's leg swing over your nose. As it passed, you grabbed his foot out of the air and threw him to the ground. As you approached to mount his recovering form, his legs swung up, latching themselves around your neck, successfully putting you in a choke. You sputtered in surprise and fell to your knees, both of you on the ground now. "Agh! Bitch!" you coughed under the pressure. You could see him smile out of the corner of your eye. You furrowed your brow and grabbed the legs strangling you. You slowly got up, to Blake's newfound astonishment. Your face a light pink and eyes bulging, you looked him dead in the eye...and winked. You saw his jaw drop and then his face was gone from your view as you back flipped , taking him with you. His head and his shoulders were whipped forward as you completed a full flip, his head hitting the cold cement...hard. His legs fell off your shoulders and neck, and you stood to your full height, spitting blood on the pavement to your right. 

      You slowly turned your head back to his recovering and bloody form. A look of pure terror and rage occupied his face and you grinned a bloody smile of teeth. He spit out a crimson red tooth and in a blind rage, he yelled angrily and shoulder charged you into a pillar. He held his shoulder in your solar plexus, knocking the wind out of you. He held his face two inches from yours and you spit in his face. As he was distracted from cleaning your spittle off his face and pride, you took this hesitation as a chance to knee him in the stomach. He crumpled to the floor, his hair swaying and dangling from his bloody face. You kicked him again and he rolled over, away from you. As he turned towards you, he held a gleaming M-7 in his right hand, its barrel aiming right between your (e/c) eyes. "Shit." you cursed to yourself as you rolled to the left, behind a low cement wall for cover. "Fucking bastard broke the code just so he could win. Needs a crutch to beat his enemies, huh?!" you whispered angrily to no one in particular. Tiny pebbles and chunks of cement flew past your face as your cover was shot at by the now standing Blake. You flinched slightly at every gunshot, trying to formulate a plan to stop the damn bastard. "Y'know, (y/n)...I bet we would've become great friends and allies if you had just seen the light." he paused for a second to reload. All you needed to kick your plan into action. In one swift motion, you vaulted gracefully over the low wall and yelled back, "Be friends? With the likes of you?! Are you kidding me? I would never be allies with the likes of you." the last word (a/n) not the D1 gun (if you got that reference) you spat out like it was toxic. You slid at the last second, narrowly avoiding the spray of hot lead whizzing past you from the now reloaded gun. As you came out of the slide, you upper cut him in the jaw, from the ground up. 

     Blake stumbled back in shock and pain, his left hand clutching his jaw. His hand came away soaked in a deep crimson red. He blinked away tears and pulled a combat knife from a notch on his jacket. "I'm gonna...I'm gonna stick this through you like--" "Your mom goes through dildos?" you interjected. "Shut up!!" Blake yelled at you, charging with pure hatred in his eyes. You steeled yourself for another conflict when....Blake fell to his knees, mid charge. He looked down to see a slightly glowing blue bullet-hole in his chest. His eyes went wide with shock and horror as he wobbled forward. His eyes rolled into his skull and he collapsed with a heavy 'thunk.' You looked past him to see an angry Lena standing there with a smoking pulse gun in her hand.

     The realization of what she had just done hit her a few seconds later. She dropped her signature weapon to the floor and covered her mouth with both hands in horror. Tears started streaming down her bloodied face and you quickly ran to her. You embraced her and the remembrance of the way your guys' bodies fit together hit you like a locomotive train. She took deep, strangled breaths in your shoulder and you gently lifted her face from your shoulder to eye level. "Hey, hey, it's okay Lena." you said, trying to comfort her. "It's okay. I've done some pretty bad shit, it's okay. You did what you felt right and what needed to be done." Lena sniffled and a single tear fell down her tear stricken, but beautiful nonetheless, face. She brushed a lock of chocolate brown hair from her eyes and looked at you with fear, anguish, and....maybe...just maybe a little hope. "You...you really think so, love?" she said quietly, almost to herself. You blushed admittedly a bit when she said 'love.' "O-of course, Lena." You sputtered out. "I could...never be mad at you." You smiled a warm and....was it...loving(?) smile. She sighed a quiet sigh of relief and looked you dead in the eyes. She smiled the same smile and you felt her toes extend. On her tiptoes, Lena was just the right height to cock her head and lean in....for a kiss. You chuckled with disbelief and you embraced her tightly, wrapping your arms around her small frame, creating a tight bubble of warmth where only you and her were the only things that mattered in the world to each other.

(A/n) Aaaaand scene. It was, yes, cheesy but hey, I did it. So, the next part I write is going to be a lemon of you and Lena (obviously) which, for you innocent readers, is optional. It does not contribute to the overall plot, just something I wanted to try out. Alright, thanks as always for reading my story and especially to the ton of followers I got in only the past few days! Thank you.