And Fin. Part 1

(A/n) Alright guys, this is it. The final chapters, I'm gonna end it all here. It's been so long, I've been working on this for a lifetime and I know you guys think I say this too much but I think I don't say it enough. Thank you, wholeheartedly and profoundly. Thank you for reading. "Once more unto the breach."

     ---1.618 Years After the Liberation of Overwatch---

     Explosions rocked the earth, dirt and asphalt sprayed the sky in a most reckless fashion. The sky reflected the current mood of your predicament: red. Bloody red. You were running at top speed, dodging and weaving around craters, dead soldiers, and everything else. Your vision was blurred by tears, running and streaming like great waterfalls down your face. Streaking clean roads in your grimy, dirt ridden face. You faintly realized you were limping from an exploded kneecap. You felt blood trickle down the left side of your forehead, your eyes were deeply bloodshot, and your dominant hand, forearm, and shoulder ached a thousand times. But none of that mattered. It didn't matter that your legs were probably broken beyond repair, it didn't matter that your ears were ringing like the peal of a hundred bells echoing in a cave, it didn't matter that your left hand was broken, it didn't matter because in your beaten, bloody, dirt and soot covered arms lied a broken, battered, barely breathing....Lena.

     ---24 Hours Ago---

     Lena shot you a beautiful smile and an arousing wink as you passed her in the hall. You couldn't help yourself but chuckle and roll your eyes. A lot had happened in the past year and a half, you had rejoined Overwatch, made amends with your old friends (Mcree, S76, Winston, etc.), and gotten your life back on track. Now, you strolled through the halls of Watchpoint Gibraltar, casually waving at the super star Lucio, shooting a playful wink at D.va (at which she giggled quietly), and high-fiving Reinhardt (damn that guy is strong). You passed some of your personal trainees that you were training one-on-one: Brigitte, and Baptiste. And wait was that a hamster? Ah whatever, probably Winston's fucking cousin or something. Speaking of Winston, you stopped short at his office/den(?) and peered into the spacious room through the open door. You knocked on the door-frame, the monkey ("scientist whatever.") turned to greet you. He smiled a smile full of primate teeth. "(Y/n)! I've been expecting you!" he greeted as he hobbled towards you. "Come in, have a seat...?" he gestured at the ungodly large rubber tire resting in front of the massive super-computer housing a fraction of Athena. You shrugged, used to it, and lounged on (or should I say 'in'?) the giant tire. Winston seated himself on the floor, picking up a peanut butter can and tossing it in the trash next to a 3-D printer. His look of happiness from seeing you faded as he looked at you further. He sighed deeply and said, "Athena, if you would be so kind as to lock down the room." "Of course, Winston." Athena replied, lowering shades on the windows that boasted a spectacular view of the Gibraltar cliffs and calm ocean. The door you had entered in shut and lights came on as the shades sealed the windows off. "Ok, (y/n), I suppose I should start from the beginning then, huh?" "What? What are you talking about, Winston? Is everything ok?" you replied with serious concern now in your voice. "Alright, (y/n), I am very sorry for dredging this no doubt painful memory up but do you remember the day Reyes died?" Your heart sunk and felt as if a million knives were cutting at it. "Of course. How could I forget?" you said, looking at the floor, confident smirk gone and natural charm nowhere to be seen. "I am...sorry, (y/n) but..." Winston sighed a long deep sigh and looked at you with sadness in his eyes and said three words that would forever change your life. "Reaper. Is. Back."

     "What?!! NOnonononono. No. That's impossible, I saw him die in my arms, he's buried right here on Gibraltar!" you cried out, basically pleading it wasn't true. If Reyes was back, and without the memories Jack, him, and you had together, this was a real threat. And not to just you. "No, you misunderstand, (y/n). I said 'Reaper' is back, not 'Reyes.'" Winston said solemnly. "I...don't understand." you said quietly, on the verge of tears, from anger, sadness, even happiness at seeing Reyes again. "(Y/n), someone is pretending to be Reaper. We have identified them as female, they are exhibiting the same  power set that Reyes originally showed as his time as Reaper." Your sadness and confusion quickly swept away to silent and solemn anger. The worst and most dangerous kind of anger. You stood slowly and menacingly, shadows splitting you into what looked like a demon. "Winston, I'm leaving. Now." "I...was afraid you were going to say that. We both know I can't stop you at your current state. So, the best I can do is help." he tossed you an iPad that had every agent of Overwatch on a list, sorted alphabetically, displaying their strengths, weaknesses (Lena's tab displayed you as a weakness which you would think is cute if it weren't for what had just happened), abilities, etc. "Team of five, small strike team, assassination, in and out." Winston said, looking you in the eye. "Good luck, my old friend." you could tell he was on the verge of tears because this was a suicide mission. There was no way you were gonna come back in one piece. "Winston...t-tell Lenna I l-love her." you said, a single tear dripping down your face. He nodded and you gave him a crisp, well trained salute. He saluted you back and you did an about face and left his office. You could hear him cry softly as the door closed behind you.

     "Why? Where are you going, love?" Lena tugged at your arm as you loaded a .50 cal sniper rifle. You stood in the middle of Lena's and your shared room, packing a light bag. You wore your regular battle suit and the light were already glowing, primed and ready to kill. "I...am sorry. I need to do this Lena. I'm not going to lie to you, you know I can't, I am not going to come back alive. This team and I, we're all going straight into enemy territory and none of us are coming back. I love you, Lena." "No. Nonononono. You can't! Please, (y/n)....please." Lena broke and fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face. "Please don't go. Not again. I can't afford to lose you. Not again. Not again." she said softly, her beautiful freckled face looking down at the floor, her tears falling to the rug. You secured the sniper rifle to the side of the backpack and crouched on one knee to look at her. You tenderly placed your hand on her chin and slowly made her look you in the eyes. "Lena....I love you. This is it. We had a good time while it lasted. Goodbye." There were tears coming from your (e/c) eyes now. You took her soft hand in your hand and kissed it tenderly. When your hands left, a diamond ring sat in her hand. She gasped and embraced you, kissing you with the passion of a thousand fires. Tears were coming down both of your faces and you kissed her back. You pulled back and held her face at arm's length, "I love you. I always will, and will always be with you. Okay?" She nodded and you stood up, kissing her softly on the forehead. You grabbed the bag and slung it over your shoulder. You then picked up your helmet from off the bed and held it under your arm. "Goodbye. I will always love you. Always." you said sadly. And with that, you walked to the door, giving Lena one last look of despair and walked out the door. Four people greeted you in the hall, Soldier 76, Mccree, Genji, and Baptiste. "Let's go kill Reaper." you said with malicious intent. You double tapped your chest and your suit turned invisible. You tapped it again and you reappeared. Everyone nodded and tapped their chests, Genji's suit turning into carbon-fiber, S76 turning into Alpine 76, Mccree turning into his old Blackwatch suit, and Baptiste turning into his Spec Ops suit. You all nodded at each other and walked in an arrow formation through the halls, in a beeline for the hangar.

(A/n) This is just the first part, there will be a second (or maybe more) part concluding this storyline!