The Get Together

In New York everything happened later

In New York everything happened later. Dinners were after nine, breakfasts were brunches, lunch was around dinner time, and the lines between sleeping and waking up were not defined.

"You have a good eye," Jenna complimented my choice of restaurant.

"Thanks," I said as we finished takeout in the cafeteria.

"Might end up hanging out a bit more here or Columbia then in my own school." Jenna said looking around at the boys. "Anyways we have a get together to go to. So let's go?"

"A get together?" I looked at Sam.

"She didn't tell me," Sam said.

"Come I'm tired of all unbalanced estrogen in FIT."

Jenna wanted to guide us to the place but it just so happened she was awful with directions. Sam didn't want to lead us to a second wrong location so it was up to me to find it. Thankfully it was closer to the university than Jenna had thought. So we walked back and ended up in front of an old beautiful ivy covered building.

"This is so pretty." I remarked seeing the European influence surrounding the building.

"And pretty costs double in this city," Jenna took the first step up.

New York had so many different styles varying just from street to street it was easy to see why the logo was so iconic. In Huntswood the variation was limited to the American Dream but here the dream didn't have to be American it went beyond that.

We buzzed the doorbell and after a beeping noise we were let in. Just the stairwell was impressive enough but we didn't have to climb them up as the door to our right was wide open. Nobody was in the living room up front where we walked in. I could see how this was not a party space. Old antiques everywhere as far as I could tell decorated to the same aesthetic expected from the look of the building. I looked around quite a bit mesmerized by the old well kept furniture pieces my grandpa would have loved too.

"They're in the back," Jenna said to us.

We followed her through a doorway which led to the kitchen where a couple of people were getting drinks. The kitchen followed suit with the rest of the house in the same old world aspect that I could only link back to French country. The back of house had big doors and tons of windows to see outside and we followed Jenna.

"Jenna!" A girl exclaimed in the backyard waving over to her.

"Lindsey!" Jenna went over.

"I'm so glad you came. Let me introduce you. Guys this is Jenna. First year at FIT."

"Hi Jenna," people said back to her and at least here you could hear what people were saying over the music unlike other parties we'd been to.

"These are my friends, Sam and Emmy."

"Hi," we said to everyone and everyone said it back.

"So what are you guys talking about?"

"Just how dull the playlist is."