Current News

"Thank you," I told James

"Not usually what a girl says after kissing me," he replied.

"I just meant thank you for not kissing me in front of everyone. I appreciate you not trying to pressure me." I told him.

"What if I did it just for my ego?"

"Did you?"

"No they've all seen me do way more embarrassing things than just get rejected."

"I believe that."

"So what changed your mind? Or should I pretend this never happened?"

"What?"

"Well isn't that what we've been doing since that night at your dorm?"

"I don't know. I guess..."

"So I should forget about this too?" He asked again.

"Do you want to?"

"No. Do you?"

"No."

"Good because we both know you just came all this way to just to get with me."

"Sorry but what did they put in your drink tonight?"

"I've been meaning to ask you, why did you come?" He asked honestly, I realized I liked this about him, his honesty.

"Well Sam and I were trying to get away from family problems. And I'd never been to see this much snow or skiing."

"Well technically you still haven't been. Tomorrow I'll take you though."

"Somehow this doesn't feel like a good idea."

"I knew it. You only came for me."

"Skiing doesn't seem so bad." I nodded and he shook his head at me. 

"Is it this easy to convince you?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Well I'd rather watch the snow from in here especially after that dare," I looked out the window.

"You hate the cold?"

"Freezing is not my preferred state of being." 

"We'll stay in then. Or do you want to go to a hot spring spa?"

"Is it this easy to convince you?"

"More like the thought of just us two alone together sounds great to me."

"So do you have a size 7 or 8 in skiing boots?" I got away.

"Wow I see how it is," he followed me but I tried not to look him in the eye thinking of how stupid I'd come off for fearing something that was so inconsequential in wider society and the times I lived in. 

After all romance only meant one thing nowadays. A means to an end. There were no more unfulfilled desires. There were no sentiments deep enough to not be selfish until the end.  Everyone was out for themselves not for the good of the other person. The only quest in modern relationships was to make sure we never said no to ourselves. So what did it mean to James that I gave in to my feelings? Did he expect me to be the same kind of modern romantic? Would I be one? How far would I go for him? I was thinking too much I could see it from the way he stared at me with his little smile.