Other People's Belongings

After the sauna I walked upstairs to see James had gone into the hot tub to mingle

After the sauna I walked upstairs to see James had gone into the hot tub to mingle. I debated whether to stay or to go but I was lethargic and decided to take a nap. I overslept and woke up to a knock in the door. 

"Wright?" James' voice asked. 

What was he doing here? I tried to get myself together but knew it was no use and ran over to the door. Should I open it?

"Yes?"

"Open up."

"I'm not.. Um... I just woke up and..." I tried to explain to him but he opened the door anyway and although I was ready to feel embarrassed he had his eyes closed so I just chuckled. "Hi James."

"Wait you were sleeping?" He asked confused with his eyes closed but still closed the door behind him.

"Yes. Why?" I backed off watching him.

"Oh, I thought maybe you were... hm," he stopped talking and I remembered I had slept with the lipstick on.

"Oh God," I said out loud and ran to the bathroom.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Don't open your eyes!" 

"Why not?! Something happened?" He asked worried.

"Yes a massacre the size of Friday the 13th on my face." I tried to wipe it off.

"What?" He asked confused following me with his eyes closed.

"I slept with my lipstick on and now I look like a clown," I kept wiping it ferociously.

"Seriously?" He said and then he was behind me by the bathroom mirror. "Girls."

"No I told you to keep your eyes closed."

"Just because of the lipstick?"

"Yes, don't look at me," I tried to put my hands over his eyes but he took it away. "Don't."

"I have a sister, do you really think this is the first time I would've a girl looking like she had a fight with a bear and lost?"

"Wow thanks," I went from trying to hide to rolling my eyes at him.

"It's really not that bad."

"He said it with a smile," I looked him dead pan in the eyes and he put both his hands on my face to take a good look at the mess then he began wiping away with his thumb one of my cheeks. "Go ahead laugh. I know I look like a clown."

"I think a clown has better precision than this," he mocked me.

"Ah!" I smacked his chest. "You're really not helping."

"No, no, wait, I was joking, well kind of. It's a fact. You can't be mad at a fact. Can you?" He asked and I just contained my smile.

"Wow."