Timing is Every Thing

Maybe I lost my mind, temporarily I went blind, and saw nothing except exactly what I wanted

Maybe I lost my mind, temporarily I went blind, and saw nothing except exactly what I wanted. Suffering over the future was my full time job living the moment were far and few between moments in my life. But anxiety was like my full time stalker, sometimes terrifying me to death, other times waiting for me to finish being happy for my due punishment. 

"So what time are we heading back?" I asked James over the breakfast we had woken up to being served on the table outside by the pool.

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? But I..." I still had the recording session with Adam and I didn't want to miss it. After all this was business. I had made sure to put everything in its proper place last night. There was James my boyfriend, and there was Adam my business partner. 

"Don't worry I'll make sure you're back for your Monday class."

"James I..." I didn't know whether to come clean about Adam or not. I was working up to it but with his song out there. What if it could get traced back to me? Was this just fate interfering for my own good?

"Come on, try to relax, everything will be just as you left it Monday morning right?"

"I guess but I had to..."

"You had to?"

"Nothing," I smiled at him realizing Adam owed me for what he'd done with the song and this was where I wanted to be.

"Thank you," he kissed me on the forehead for letting it go. "Now I know I brought you here without any clothes so before you pass out in this heat let's go shopping." He said helping me out of the breakfast chair. 

"Won't I look silly shopping in this?"

"Just in the first store, and if you do I could buy a silly hat for me to wear so they'll look at me instead of you. Although I find that quite impossible seeing as you are you." He kissed me again holding on tight to me and I laughed because his newly grown beard tickling my sensitive cheeks. 

"I think not shaving should do it."

"You mock me?"

"Um hm."

"I'll shave then before we go."

"Thank you boyfriend." 

"Wow. I've been upgraded finally. I never knew this is what it would feel like."

"What do you mean?"

"Love."

"James..." I looked at him with a serious face not wanting him to say something so big so easily. But at the same time if what happened last night between us wasn't a display of my love then what was it? Why did I recoil immediately at the thought he might be lying. I couldn't pretend to know any one human being after what Adam had put me through. But my trust on those words were like standing on top of thin bridge hoping I wouldn't fall through.