All I Want For Christmas

The plane was coming down and I was still getting used to to flying when I had never been far enough from home until now

The plane was coming down and I was still getting used to to flying when I had never been far enough from home until now. Sam absolutely hated flying, she tried to sleep for all of it. Jenna hunger tripled because she took snacks and bought any and every food offered on board. I just liked being by the window, something about being up there was like I was halfway to heaven myself and there was an unexplainable bliss to this thought. Not close enough to earth, and it's chaos, or craziness, but just up there in this place none could touch me.

Jenna's driver picked us up and we couldn't avoid driving by Rachel's house or by the square where the bakery was at. I couldn't get myself to look towards either. They were my limits and so was my house. So I wasn't going home, I had to wait for grandma to come get me.

As for Huntswood it looked the same it always did with the same decorations year after year.

"Hey can you drop me off at the park? I wanna walk to Jackie's and surprise her. The weather isn't too bad." I asked Jenna at a red light.

"Are you sure?" Jenna asked.

"Yes, take Sam home so she can finish her sleep." I looked over at Sam who was already snoring again.

"Okay. I'll let your grandma know we arrived."

"Thank you."

At the light I got off the car and it was just by the church near the cemetery. I had brought something for grandpa so I walked over to where he was. Upon the sight of flowers on there my heart was glad he was still being brought them when I wasn't here. So I opened my bag and sat down in front of his picture.

"Hey grandpa. I'm back." I talked, "weird right? Living in New York City. It's still weird to me too. I guess you were right there was a whole world out there I had to see. Before you settled here did you like it there? I try to look up pictures from how it was back then to see how you would have known it. I think there's been too many changes. I think you wouldn't like it there anymore but I do. I really like it. I don't feel exposed to the elements like it was here. I can hide all the better." I chuckled.

"I know I shouldn't but for now it's good. It's only been three months. I'll try to get better. I wanted to take some of your records with me but I didn't want to ruin them so I built a hardcase and took just the one. You know the one. I haven't played it but it does bring me comfort from time to time. I did get a job and I got someone to cover my shifts. Well to be honest it was easier than I thought. Not a lot of people go home for the holidays I think. I thought New Yorkers were more festive and the city looks like a Christmas movie but too many people didn't care to celebrate it. It's not like in Huntswood at all in that manner." I sighed confused.

"So have you been watching over grandma? Making sure she's okay? I'm sure you're proud of her. She's the reason I've gotten to go there. Thank you for marrying her, I wouldn't get anywhere without her incentive and yours. I hope you know you're always on my mind. Even if I'm not here. So I brought something back to keep us. Look," I showed him my necklace charm with his initial on it. "And I'm going to bury one with my initial right here next to you."