Old Friends

"Adam?" I asked this time petrified of James being around

"Emily?" He mocked me.

"What? How?" I tried to ask.

"Well..." He was going to talk then my phone rang.

"Never mind I don't care," I ran back inside to get my phone and saw it was James. "Oh God." I took a breath then answered, "hello?"

"I thought you'd be asleep still," James said.

"I should have been but someone woke me up." I said and Adam was now inside my dorm right next to me so I glared at him to get out.

"Ah so I was thinking of stopping by for a minute," James said.

"Um..." I panicked then put my hand over Adam's mouth before he said anything. "I'd like that but it's almost time for class. How about for a quick lunch before I go to work?"

"I'm starting to feel like you're too cool to hang out with me," he grumbled again with humor.

"I think I can make an exception."

"Ok then I'll be the one in white."

"White, got it."

"See you Wright." He said and I hung up the phone then put my hand down.

"Who was that?"

"Actually that was..."

"Never mind I don't care either. It's cute in here. Smells like you."

"What?"

"That faint coffee smell." Adam pulled me to him and I bent my back right away to get away from the closeness.

"What did I tell you the last time you were here?"

"I need to ask you something."

"No," I got away from his arms.

"Just give me a second."

"No. I have class then work. So leave," I opened the door for him and he started towards it.

"Where do you work?" He asked right before I could close the door on him.

"It doesn't matter. Now leave before someone sees you."

"Emily."

"Please stop complicating my life."

"If you'd just listen to me when I'm trying to help you."

"Help me?" I asked ironically.

"Yes. You, if you'll just let me..."

"No. I don't have the time for someone who matters to me right now and I don't have it for you."

"Look ever since we talked in Huntswood I can't stop thinking about where you and I ended up and how it means something..."

"Yes that you and I and about another what seven million people like the same city."