Scary Places

More than a month later Jenna, Sam and I still hadn't been able to meet yet

More than a month later Jenna, Sam and I still hadn't been able to meet yet. By then the colors of fall had already set in and I still had no job. Halloween was around the corner and most places were decorated. The endless papers announcing raves here and there were too many too count on bulletin boards around the university.

"So are you coming or not?" Sam asked as I lost enthusiasm for my job hunting.

"I guess I might as well," I walked out of another less than fruitful encounter with a manager.

"How defeatist, what's up?"

"Still haven't found a part time job."

"Geez I'll get Jenna to help then."

"No. Don't. It's okay. I want something close to here and low key. Not sure it's something Jenna can be of help."

"Yeah lowkey isn't her. So let's meet at Jenna's place then?"

"Sure."

It was my first time taking the subway all the way up. I had only kept myself within walking distance of the University. I didn't really participate in any college clubs so I hadn't ventured anywhere except the dorms and the library in other words my social life was non-existent outside of Sam and Jenna.

"Ding dong," I said walking in to Jenna's place.

"The witch is alive baby," she said greeting me in full getup.

"Woah hi," I said.

"Come on you're getting dressed too. I made outfits for the both of you."

"What do you mean you made outfits?"

"We're going to a party obviously."

"And what are we dressing up as?"

"Witches."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just thought of sexy witch costumes. You can come up with a meaning for it."

"Okay, I guess we can be the three witches from Macbeth," I pulled something out of my memory.

"Oh yeah like the fates in mythology. That works. It's less embarrassing than sexy witches."

"Hey there's nothing embarrassing about being sexy," Jenna retorted giving us corsets.

Each of our corsets were a different color, Jenna's black, Sam's red, mine purple and the rest of dress black filled with lace and ruffles. Now it finally made sense as to why Sam had asked me if I had a pair of black boots. I just didn't think it'd be for me. Sam curled my hair into a thousand ringlets and used so much hairspray I could barely breathe as she went around me poking little butterflies clips on my hair. Sam's hair was long and straight with two barrettes on each side of her head, she looked like a singer ready for her music video. Jenna opted for a colorful wig and matching long nails.