14 •More than one meets the eye•

Y/N's P.O.V

It was 4 am in the morning right then and finally the time to escape for Henry. There was a random knocking on the main door and a man in his thirties who resembled a lot like pumpkin entered the place. Henry was busy packing with his necessities as I prepared some breakfast.

"Henry-ah! What's up?" the man said as he greeted him. Henry did the last chain of his bag as he stood up greeting the man with a hug.

"Hyung, you know I'm on the run as always. By the way, meet Y/N." Henry said. I stopped with whatever I was doing as I bowed and greeted him. "-And Y/N, meet Lee Sungmin hyung who is going to accompany you today." The so called man greeted me back.

I set up the breakfast on Henry's dining table
as we ate.

"So, Y/N-ssi where do you plan on heading?" Sungmin asked breaking the silence.

"Ah, I'll give you the address." I said as I quickly ran to get a pen and a paper. "Here," I handed him the piece of note where I scribbled my apartment location. His eyes widened maybe because I lived in one of the most prestigious areas of Seoul.

"My, my, Henry you have a rich friend here!" He joked as he let out a nervous laugh. I blushed at his compliment as I repeatedly shook my head.

"Can't deny that, hyung but Y/N's earnings come with a massive proportion of dedication she shows in her work and ofcourse she is a workaholic." Henry flashed me a proud smile.

"Stop it guys, I'm really embarrassed right now." I said as I joined with their laughter.

As soon as we were done with the breakfast, I settled the plates on the sink and washed them off hurriedly while Henry and Sungmin ensured that no evidence of Henry living here was observable. Unknowingly, a tear escaped my eyes as I worked. After such a long time I met my bestfriend, and these days his life was like a paper house. Henry suffered alone for a very long time being a fugitive to both Korea and China. I recalled everything Henry said last night. I started sobbing by then. He was wanted in Korea and by Super Junior, due to the political pressures and misunderstandings created amongst themselves. Someone apparently framed Henry for being a sly fox who delivered all the information about Korea's politics to China because his presence in Korea was a very big threat to the Chinese government. The Chinese government hated him because it was not easy for these bad bloods to slowly eat up Korea for Henry Lau, who swore to protect his foreign brothers by his life, even if it meant to betray his own motherland. They'll kill him any day. Anytime. Anywhere. Maybe this could be the last time I'll ever see him.

And he still manages to smile like that, as if nothing in the world bothered him. Well, heroes have nothing to be worried about because I believe Henry is innocent and what he is doing is the right thing. I just hope he escapes safely.

"Yah, Y/N? We are ready!" Henry barged into the kitchen as I quickly wiped off my tears but the way my face swelled, it was obvious I have been crying. "Omo, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked me with a concerned tone.

I faced him shamelessly, not even caring I was caught sobbing like a crybaby. "Henry, promise me you'll get away safely, okay? If you don't I'll kill you before they can even lay a finger on you, you understand?!" I said out loud as I smacked his chest repeatedly. "I'll miss you so much! Don't die on me, you punk!"

Henry smiled again. That freaking smile I hated and loved at the same time. It was so annoying.

He hugged me gently. "Y/N, I'll remember everything. You live your life carefully too, okay? Don't sleep with random men on clubs and stay away from Lee Donghae, Choi Siwon and the despicable Yesung hyung. Find a new job and don't take the words of netizens and toxic people around you seriously. Don't worry about me and don't get yourself in a mess while I'm away, alright? Aish you pabo making me emotional as well!" His voice teared up as he held back his tears that were ready to fall. "I feel great to meet my friend after a long time so unexpectedly. We'll meet again, I promise. Let's go separate ways for now, shall we?" He held my hand like the old times. I nodded my head as I followed him to the exit. Sungmin locked the main door for the last time.

"Henry-ah, Zhoumi's gang are already waiting for you. Go on." Sungmin said as he pointed a group of men in blacksuit behind his SUV. They bowed as Henry approached them. Henry smiled at me for one last time as I waved him farewell. Sungmin Oppa and I started our journey minutes after Henry left the scene. We chatted and introduced ourselves fully to the ride back to my apartment. Sungmin is a member of Super Junior too but he is in a hiatus the past 2-3 years and he does not bother to get in touch with his work at the moment. He'll plan on returning someday when Super Junior accepts Henry because just like one of the few people, he believes in Henry's innocence.

The ride back home was over in 30 minutes. I got off Sungmin's jeep as I waved him farewell and thanked him for his gratitude.

"No problem, anything for a friend in need. Take care!" was all he ever said before he sped off.

As it was still early, I decided to go for light jogging early at this time of the morning. I dressed up in my casual clothing as I jogged. I was deeply immersed in my thoughts about how I'll get a new job now since I'll be broke in no time like this. Just then, I heard my name being called from the distant area where stood a lonely lamp post.

"Y/N, please forgive me. I'm sorry."

I heard it clearly. It was my name being called. I tiptoed my steps right at the source of the voice and saw a man clad in all black attire mumble such words. He looked familiar, alright. Plus, is this person drunk?

He repeated the same words. "Why don't you recognize me, you little lost girl? I hate you so much!"

I decided to walk away from the creep right there. I guess, it was my plain imagination. Maybe he didn't call my name. I'm being delusional-

and just then, the said person got up from his sitting posture as he grabbed my wrists and pinned me against the lamp post. His face was covered with a mask but I could instantly recall those very piercing gaze. Memories from that night passed by the back of my mind except this time, his eyes told me a different story. His eyes were pretty much cold and dead which seemed like he craved for affection and care. I was supposed to be scared right now at the sudden approach of my enemy Lee Donghae right here and to tell the truth, I wanted to punch him hard because he was drunk and that was my advantage. No matter how much I tried, my body didn't move. I was numb right then. What have you done to me, Lee Donghae?

His slurry speech was still clear for me to understand. "Stay with me, please. Don't leave me." His tall frame bore onto mine as he hugged me and we stood like that for minutes until I felt like he fell asleep. I debated on my head. Should I throw him off me and run? Or take him home with me and treat him to a drunk remedy?

I really hated myself and my guts. Ofcourse I chose the second option even if I hated this guy with all my heart. I just couldn't.. stand and watch a person so shattered and broken like that in the middle of the street being drunk. Plus, he did call my name from before. Why is that? I guess there's more than one meets the eye.

A/N: Sorry for the very late update. Leave your thoughts on this chapter and don't forget to vote! Your responses encourage me to update faster. Thanks for reading. ❤