32 •Reconsideration•

Y/N's P.O.V

So the day has gone by as boring as ever. I took a stroll outside trying to find a job. Seriously another month in this expensive city and I could go broke. Just then, I got a text message from an unknown number.

"Hey lets have lunch together @ the Pearl Garden.
-Siwon Choi"

Okay, what?? How does he have my number again? Oh yeah, my number has been the same all this time.

"Why?" -I replied to him.

"I need to talk to you about something. It would be better face to face."

Really, I was curious. Why would he contact me after so long? The last time I saw him was at Lee Donghae's Corporate building when he fought with the said man. I wonder if they ever made up amongst themselves.. they probably did.

He smiled at my direction as I entered the restaurant. Like the gentleman he was, he pulled the chair out for me letting me have a seat. I told myself repeatedly. IT WAS NOT A DATE. JUST A RANDOM MEET UP.

"I am glad you came. The treat is on me." He said handing me out the menu. I shot him a suspicious look as I folded the menu and kept it back on the table.

"Go straight to the matter." I said, after the waiter took our order.

"Well, I want you to work at my company." He said sipping some water.

Huh? Did he hit his head somewhere?

"I am not doing it." I replied bluntly.

"I knew you would reject my offer, but think it through again. I know you are in a financial crisis right now because of the recent scandal with one of my friends. Therefore, this is all of my responsibility to take care of your state." He said with a serious tone. "It is the least I can do for what happened with someone I know."

The food arrived. We ate in silence not saying a word to each other. If this was another meeting, I would've ate and enjoyed the food heartily. Siwon's sudden presence in my life was really very confusing. I had so many questions to ask but not brave enough to speak.

Why did he reappear in my life? How did he meet Super Junior? Why did he suddenly drop out of college and disappear? Why did Yesung oppa told me to wait for him?

"Ugh, my head hurts." I mumbled to myself. Siwon shot me a questioning look.

"Are you okay?"

"Why?" I said coldly. "What are we really doing here?"

He got the hint. He knew where our conversation was going. He massaged his temples anxiously. "Y/N, can we please not talk about it?"

"THEN FUCKING LEAVE AND GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" I blared angrily. How dare he tries to ignore our past? After what I have went through for our relationship and how much WE sacrificed for ourselves, for our future and everything. He is the ultimate reason why I couldn't engage myself in a relationship all these years. This break up really did mess up my life more than anything.

I stood up. "Thank you for the treat but I have to reject your offer. I am not working under you in any circumstances and you do not have to worry about my problems." I stormed off the restaurant angrily. After a few minutes, I could feel Siwon running to my direction trying to catch up to me.

"Kim Y/N! Wait up!" He called but I pretended not to hear him as I increased my walking pace. He grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me over to face him. This time, he had a serious look plastered on his face.

"Don't make it difficult for me, please." He said as I tried jerking off my hand from his tight grip.

"Let me go, you asshole."

"YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED?" He yelled at my face as he loosed his grip on me and eventually letting go off my hand.

I looked at him in disbelieve not saying a word.

"THAT DAMN HOUSEHOLD! I HAD TO RUN FOR MY LIFE FOR THAT DAMN HOUSEHOLD!"

I knew this was about his family. The prestigious Choi Family everyone envied when a curtain of a beautiful facade covered the cold war between the family members.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT KILLED ME AND HOW MUCH I SUFFERED EVERYDAY THINKING ABOUT US?" He was at his last stance of patience now. My heartbeat faster than ever with every word that left his lips.

"Since the time I was legal, everyone in that family changed. My cousins and uncles were after the Choi estates and they couldn't stand me breathing as the rightful heir to all of that crap." His voice cracked as tears threatened to spill out of his eyes. "They created misunderstandings among my grandfather and I and the problems became so worse that even my own biological father refused to believe me. I felt like their next move would be to kill me and guess what? My uncles are quite expert in that."

To be honest, even after loving him for a year, I did not know anything about him. My heart ached as he sobbed pitifully. I took steps closer to him and embraced him as I pat his back.

"Ssh. It's alright. You did well." I realized I was being really selfish about us and blamed it all on him instead of hearing him out. Now that I know his reasons, I felt guilty.

"Do you know how happy I was to see you at the club that day? Upon seeing you, I wanted to approach you and maybe have a drink together, but you walked off with Lee Donghae."

"I was not thinking straight at that moment so I did whatever I wanted that day." I said with an apologetic tone.

"Are you and Lee Donghae... a thing?" He asked hesitantly.

Are we really even anything? I don't know.

"Not really. We have settled amongst ourselves and I think we are pretty chill these days. He isn't really that bad."

Siwon smiled like a little kid, probably relieved that I was not together with anyone at the moment. He took my hands in his as he massaged the palms. "Y/N, the truth is, I still miss you. I request a second chance."

If all of this happened before I met Donghae, I would've said "Yes" to Siwon anyday. I felt like the words got stuck in my throat. I couldn't reply to Siwon.

"So, please. Let me help you. Work as my PA." He added.

I shook myself to reality. Lee Donghae might have treated me nicely these days, but I just could not trust him for a mere childhood memory. I felt like, we had no future unlike Siwon with whom I can actually start from square one. Lee Donghae dwelt in those memories I have long forgotten and then recalled but Siwon was there as an important person in my life with whom I dreamt big things. Our relationship was incomplete and I felt responsible for that.

"As soon as my contract with Super Junior expires, I would ask for your hand in marriage. This time, I am not letting you go, Kim Y/N. Never." He inched closer to my face. I turned away shyly, my whole face becoming  50 shades of crimson.

"I will think about it. Text me the details of work." I said as I bid him goodbye and ran my way towards a taxi. I was embarrassed as hell.

I think I might accept Choi Siwon in my life again.

I looked out the window and smiled to myself. I realized I missed him too, and in a spur of a moment, I forgot all about Lee Donghae.

A/N: HELLLOOO AFTER A LONG TIME! MY OTHER LEE DONGHAE X READER FANFIC IS UP NOW! DO CHECK IT OUT IN MY PROFILE. THANK YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU!!