43 •Untold Stories•

•Donghae's P.O.V•

Today marks the first day since I am discharged. They said I was sleeping for 2 whole months. I was immediately worried to think maybe my office crippled down in the meantime but fortunately Siwon was there. He covered up for me and worked day and night for both himself and I. I'll be forever indebted to him because of this. The thing that most certainly displeased me in the morning after my discharge was none of the members would clearly tell me how I ended up being this heavily injured. Why could not I remember certain events disturbed me. I could not even if I tried to. My visions and memories would get hazy. What kind of sorcery is this?

I was at a party... I, for some reason left the party. I ran somewhere hastily...

Yeah I could not remember anything after that. Just then, I heard my phone ring which distracted me over my frustrations. I picked up the call and it was my supposed 'girlfriend'.

"Hey, I heard you got discharged." Park Saeha began.

"Yeah, just some hours before." I answered her absentmindedly. I did not know why I felt like this. Sometimes I even question my relationship status. Why did I feel so unsure of it though they tried their best to make me recall things?

"Ah. So, how are you feeling now?"

"I am fine, I guess. Just preparing myself for the evening schedule of my work. I have a lot to catch up."

"I see." There was a brief pause. "Can we go on a date sometime?"

"Yeah, sure. The time and place. You decide."

"Okay." She giggled. "Bye, honey. Take care. I love you."

"I love you too." I do not even know whether I pronounced the words right but if we really were a couple no matter how much of a hard time I had to recall our relationship, I had to say these words back to her right? Ugh, whatever!

I quickly got dressed up in a formal attire and called Mr. Jung, my assistant to fetch me to the Lee Corporations. He was shocked to have me back at work in few hours after my discharge. Well, I did not want to bother Siwon anymore. I do not know how he managed to work this hard for the both of us. It is nearly impossible. I really am very thankful to have him as my friend.

Mr. Jung made an announcement to the whole building saying how the CEO, a.k.a myself got back on his two feet already. Some of them were shocked and some of them thought of me admirably. Well there were mixed reactions from my employees. Soon enough, the news media started publishing articles regarding my return. Many of these channels called Mr. Jung to issue an interview with me to which I blatantly refused. I did not want this many coverage after the accident which I myself is not clear and no one would tell me about it.

It was almost 10 pm right then but I still worked like crazy. Fortunately, the supposed work pressure was not that maddening. I'll have to thank Siwon for that again for making my office life easier atleast. Just then, someone rang the bell to my exclusive office and I pressed the button to open the door. The same woman who hugged me from the morning entered. Why was she here?

She walked towards me and put 5 sets of documents on the table. "These are for your latest project at Mokpo sent by your business partner Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. Please have a look at it, sir." She bowed and turned the other way to leave.

What a questionable woman! One minute she is a stalker and the next, she is associated with my business partners.

"Stop." I called at her distant figure. I pressed the door button again to have it shut. She turned back at my direction. "Yes? How might I be of help now?"

Literally her professional office voice tone somehow irritated me.

"You..." I began. I slowly walked towards her. For some reason, my heart was acting strange. This was quite out of explanation  "As far as I remember, you were there at the hospital the first time I got back to my senses, right?"

She looked like she had a thunderbolt struck on her petite self. "Yes, sir." Her voice was a little more softer this time.

"At first I thought you were a mere fangirl but... things seem a bit interesting now, right?"

"I-"

"I do not think you are just a fangirl after all." I cut her off.  You are at my office and not just anyone can have the approval to enter this place... you are associated with ny business partners too. Your existence is quite questionable to me, Miss Kim."

She was silent for a few seconds. She took a deep breath and answered my curiousity. Her eyes fixated at the floor all this time. "My emotions got the worst hold of me. I'll be careful of my actions from the next time. I deeply apologize, Mr. Lee." She bowed again.

I eyed her from head to toe. She made me feel uneasy and angry. For what exactly?

"You think I am a fool?" I dropped my formal tone at her. I had a habit of carelessly let my Mokpo accent slip whenever I was drunk or mad. Clearly, people outside of that region would have little or no knowledge of what I spoke right. "You make me mad!"

"Yah! Just because I am acting nice and apologizing, who the hell are you to scold me like this?" She yelled back. "Stop working and take rest! Jesus Christ!"

I am pretty sure I blinked a couple of times. What? Did I sense the same dialect in her voice too?

"You.. get more interesting everytime we meet." I said, still not bothering to talk in the standard dialect. "Explain your relationship with me."

"You are my boss' bestfriend. I work for Mr. Choi." She said still not quitting her dialect either.

"And?" I questioned further. "Outside of work? Because clearly, you would not just hug anyone out of nowhere."

"It really does not matter." She said. "Please, Mr. Lee. I have wasted enough time already. Open the door."

"It matters. It clearly matters." I walked towards her form as she stepped back. Her back hit the door as I pinned her against it. "YOU are going to be stuck in the same damn spot until and unless you answer me. Everyone is trying their best to ignore my curiousity. I'll kill you right here if you do not cooperate."

"Oh my god! You are unbelievable!" She stared at me in disbelieve. I brought out my gun from my left pocket as I put it over her head. Call me a psychopath but I was having fun taunting her. I really hope she is threatened enough to answer me this time. I knew my ways of making people 'talk'.

"Woah woah woah, hold up!" She literally shrank in fear. I wanted to laugh but it would totally kill my demeanour.

"I am a bad guy. I can kill you right here and no one would ever know." I whispered into her ears with a smirk. She was shaking in fear.

"Try harder, bastard." She said almost in an inaudible tone.

"Ah. Did I catch that?" I said mockingly. "Spill it and no one gets hurt."

Her next move totally shocked me. Her gaze turned dark as she grabbed my collar and put her lips on mine for a brief second then pushed me away. My body moved on its own and I pinned her to the same spot again and kissed her passionately. What am I doing? This is wrong! So wrong!

She resisted at first but eventually gave in. She kissed me back. I felt tears running down her cheeks. I would lose my control at this rate. This felt so right yet so sinful. She was a forbidden fruit to me. I reluctantly let her go. I was panting heavily while she barely stood upright. What just happened?

"I think you know better now." She said. I opened the door for her. She literally made a run to the elevator leaving me hanging in  curiousity and confusion.

A/N: I stepped up the game XD I hope you liked the chapter! Love you all. ❤