41. The Visitors

Lee Donghae's P.O.V 

That strange lady who hugged me left the room in a haste as the doctors in charge approached me. I still did not know why and how I ended up here with so many saline cords attached to my arm. Maybe I had an accident. The memories were blurred. Suddenly I felt guilty screaming at that lady. I was caught up in so much pain that I said whatever I wanted geez. 

After an hour of checking, the doctors left me on my own to rest. They said I made a miraculous comeback with my life. They wouldn't tell me what I really wanted to know. That is, WHY THE HELL AM I HERE? WHY DO I NOT REMEMBER ANY DAMN THING? 

Just then, an elderly man with her daughter entered my cabin. I recognized them. They were the Parks, right? Turns out I was correct. I remember dealing with that man before all of this mess got me. I do not remember her daughter well enough so Mr. Park Jinyoung did all the important introductions to me. Just then, he dropped a couple of photographs on the bed where I rested. I looked at him questionably. 

"Donghae-ah, we know what happened so we are here to help." He gave me a warm smile. "You see... you and my daughter..." He paused as he licked his lips nervously eyeing both Miss Saeha and I. "You both have been dating secretly before your accident. Have a look at those pictures." 

I held the photographs with careful observation. Our lips were on eachother's. Flashbacks of that night played on my mind. I was at a birthday party... with Super Junior? Super Junior? They are my comrades. We all are under SM. I remember my comrades very well. Then I danced with Saeha. We kissed. I gave some congratulatory speech to her. After that part, I do not remember anything. Suddenly my head started spinning. Maybe I thought too much about the past for the time being since I have not recovered yet. 

"Mr. Jinyoung.." I said weakly. "I remember all of it." Saeha gently hugged me patting my back. "Enough for today. Please have a speedy recovery." She looked at me with a pout. "I'll be waiting for you. Let's get engaged as soon as you are discharged." 

I nodded nervously. THE HELL I DO NOT EVEN REMEMBER MY GIRLFRIEND CLEARLY? I swear all of it feels really ambiguous. Part of me was regretful and suspicious. "I am extremely sorry because I do not remember exactly what happened and it is really regretful that I do not really remember my lover." I eyed Mr. Park. "However, I understand your concern. I am old enough to get married and certainly we should not waste a single minute as soon as I put my memories back to their shelves. I need time and your patience." 

Mr. Park gave me a reassuring smile. "We will be waiting for your decision but sooner, the better no? Anyways, rest well, my boy. We will be seeing eachother often." They left the cabin like that. 

I shut my eyes in exasperation. Just then, a woman in her mid fifties entered the room. She worked as a delivery women for the hospital's food service judging by her appearance. She eyed the back of the door with her mouth parted in shock. "Yah, son aren't they the Parks?" she asked me. I nodded in approval. She laid the food tray on the mini table connected to the bed. The air from the warm meal hit my face after forever because I do not remember the last time I legitimately had one. "Miss Park is indeed the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She looks even better in person. Oh my god! I met the Parks in this life!" I opened the foil paper to dig in. I was momentarily surprised to find my favourite kind of mashed potatoes, beef steak and rice for my lunch. Really now, how do they know my food choices? I ate like a hungry child as I stuffed all of the food in my mouth at one go. I wanted to cry happy tears. I think I am alive and the pleasure of having the best combo of meal was the proof for my unusual survival from an apparent accident. Yes, I was not crazy. I am alive and I can finally feel it. The food-delivery woman, I must say Ms. Hong according to her working ID card, looked pleased and softly patted my head. "She was right. You are definitely loving the meal!" 

She? Who is 'she'? 

I gave her a confused stare. Who is she talking about? 

"Oh.." Ms. Hong let out a nervous laughter. "Well, I do not really remember her name but a cute, short lady visited you everyday at 1 am in the morning. She could not drop by during the day time for her job. The doctors gave her permission to enter your cabin to see you at night after too much stubborn requests made to them by her. She told me to make you your favourite meal according to her if you ever wake up." 

Is this that same crazy woman from the morning who hugged me out of nowhere? Must be some sasaeng. Oh well- 

Just then, someone entered the cabin. Ms. Hong left the room in a haste with her huge four-wheeled food trolley. "He is one of your closest friends." She whispered to me before leaving the room. I need not be told twice of who he was with that little prince demeanor. His eyes looked puffy. Oh lord, Kim Ryeowook you are the devil's darkest spawn and this is the first time I have felt that you cried. You cried for me. 

"DONGHAE HYUNG!" He literally screamed at my face with his annoying high-pitched voice. "OH MY GOD!" He embraced me and I held him tight. I let him cry on my shoulder. That way no one would see him cry for real. The Little Prince is crying. Maybe the world has actually gone crazy. I could not help but tear up at the same time. I missed Super Junior. I missed everyone in that team. "How dare you play with your life pabo-hyung? How dare you try to get yourself killed?" 

"It's alright, Ryeonggu. I am not dead. Stop crying damn it!" 

He eventually calmed down as I offered him orange juice kept on the side table. "Hyung, your hair has grown long and you have not shaved your facial hair since forever. You look ugly." 

That tongue. That damned poison tongue. 

"Sure, Susan. Your "ugly" hyung gets marriage proposals even when he is not presentable AND has a crazy woman hug him as soon as he wakes up. Tch, sasaeng fans these days. They even know what my favourite food is." 

"Woah, as expected from the great Lee Donghae. Did Park Saeha came up with the proposal?" He asked. "For the sasaeng matter, this place is well supervised. You are not supposed to have unexpected visitors but I'll file a complain, no worries." 

"Saeha and her dad, yeah. For the sasaeng person, leave it. The hospital provided me with excellent services and I was well pampered thanks to the food they served me through the ideas from that crazy fangirl." 

"Hmm.. so are you accepting the marriage proposal?" 

"Ugh come on, Ryeong." I shrugged. "I just woke up for god's sake and I could hardly remember my name. Let me just recover fully and I'll think of an answer. Sure, I can get married to her but it is too soon." 

"Great decision. Oh, and good news! You'll be discharged in 3 days. Super Junior would come to fetch you." 

Ryeowook left after a while because he had to get back to his work. I was left alone for sometime but Choi Siwon made his place as the last of the visitors for the day. Seems like he got to this room after a good run. A look of disbelieve was written upon his face followed my a soft expression of relief and happiness. 

"BRO!" He exclaimed as he hugged me. "MY BESTFRIEND! You are awake! I am in a hurry but here, take this energy bar and your favourite Romeo and Juliet book." 

Choi Siwon is a blessing in the name of a friend. 

"We will see you in full form after 3 days, brother. You have a lot to make up for so be ready." With that, Siwon left. 

I was left alone once again. The day was really long for me though I did not move from my resting spot. They'd take me for several examinations the next day and I realized i have to go back to work soon enough. I have rested for 2 whole months maybe when I do not even take day offs when I work. This is a drag but I am really thankful to have met so many important people today. I am thankful to be alive in general.