20.1 •Seoul to Mokpo•

Y/N's P.O.V

So it was yesterday I had a mom and daughter conversation with my mom and now I'll leave Seoul to visit her. It is exactly 4:30 am now and my bus leaves at 6 am. I asked my mother about the "Fishy" neighbour from years ago and she said she does not remember anything from that time. Ah, I do not know if her memory is limited due to old age or if this runs in the blood of my family because truly I do not know how am I having trouble remembering about my past.

I got dressed in warm clothes and ate some light breakfast. I ensured everything was on check before I left the apartment. I locked the main door and headed downstairs. I do not usually inform anyone from next doors about where I went on trips since I was not that great of a social person. I was on the elavator and just then, grandma Cho from the third floor entered the elevator. She was a cellist and I nursed her once when she fell ill. I greeted her and she smiled back to me.

"Ms. Kim, you are up so early today." She said in a slight questioning tone.

"Ah, just call me Y/N." I smiled nervously. "I have to catch the bus to my hometown to visit my mother."

"Ah, I see. Take care then."

We both exited the elevator together as soon as we reached the ground floor. There was a man in his late twenties who waited for grandma Cho to accompany her.

"Hello grandson." She greeted the man. The man smiled back and took care of the bags which she carried by her old grown arms.

"Ya, grandma! You could have waited for me at home! These bags are too much for you." He cried worryingly. Just then he seemed to have noticed my presence. He had a questioning look plastered on his face. "And who are you with?"

"Ah this is Kim Y/N from the 5th floor. We are somewhat acquainted since she nursed me one day when I fell terribly ill."

The man greeted me with a bow. "Thank you for taking caring of my grandma. I am Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you." He stretched out his arms for a handshake.

"Ah, same here. I do drop by her place at times so we are really close." I said as we shook hands.

"Kyuhyun-ah, can you do me a favour?" Grandma Cho looked at him with pleading eyes. "Drop Y/N to the bus station she is heading to. It is really cold outside and I don't want her to walk all the way from here."

My eyes widened. "No, no grandma. I am fine-"

The man named Kyuhyun cut me off. "I understand, grandma. Y/N-ssi, I cannot thank you enough for taking care of my grandma all this time so please, let me drop you to your desired destination."

I nodded without having any choice but accept their kind gesture. Grandma Cho and we parted ways as she went with her manager to her company. The car ride to the bus station with the two of us was silent as ever. On the way, Kyuhyun's phone rang and my eyes accidentally drifted to his phone screen.

Calling Lee Donghae

ACCEPT✔ REJECT❌

My breathing hitched and I swear I felt my heart come out my mouth. The last thing I would ever expect was the man right here being a member of Super Junior. He apparently rejected the call.

"Um, sorry to invade your privacy but do you know eachother?" I drifted my eyes to his phone.

"Well, we are business partners. Why do you ask?" He had a sudden change in his tone which I could not really figure out. I was kind of relieved that they were JUST business partners because I have been hearing about Lee Donghae's mafia shit so much that my head hurts.

"Oh I see. You probably know me from the SNS already I assume?"

"I do not have time for SNS but if you are talking about the recent scandal involving Lee Donghae, I think I know that much." He replied bluntly.

"I see. Believe me it is just a misunderstanding. I hope you are not uncomfortable with my presence."

"Ah not at all. The media is dirty and would do anything for money." He smiled at me reassuringly.

"I cannot explain my reasons right now but do you mind giving me Lee Donghae's personal number?" I asked with pleading eyes. "I swear I mean no harm. I am in the middle of some intense research right now."

"I am fine with giving you Donghae-ssi's number, but you need to be more specific. What kind of research?"

"Well, it is kind of embarrassing. I am trying to dig up his past."

He glanced at me with a confused look.
"AND NO, I AM NOT A STALKER, NOR A PAPARAZZI." I continued with my sentence before he even assumes something terrible.

Surprisingly, he did not inquire much after that and gave me Lee Donghae's phone number without further hesitation. After that we reached the bus station as I waved him goodbye.

"We'll be seeing eachother more often from now, Y/N-ssi. Have a safe trip." Kyuhyun said before leaving. I caught the bus 30 minutes before the departure and read books to pass the time. My mind however was somewhere else. I thought about Lee Donghae and the Gold Locket.

They say, "Curiosity killed the cat." which I could not comprehend at this stage of my life anymore. I felt like I needed to know answers and at the same time, I know where my life is going to end up next. Henry told me not to get involved with this dangerous man yet I am shamelessly being stubborn and not accepting the reality of being a random girl he had a one night stand with.

Because part of me believed something else.
Because the missing pieces of my past are finally going to it's place.

I know Lee Donghae has a connection with Fishy, my first true forgotten love.
With such thoughts messing up my head, I felt my eyelids becoming heavy. I had a childish habit of falling asleep on long journeys whether I was tired or not. I felt my head slip sideways occasionally as I was dozing off and just then, I felt a presence shift to the seat next to mine. My head landed on the person's shoulders. I smiled to myself taking note of the familiar cologne. I did not dare open my eyes and let it pass as a dream.

"Lee Donghae, why can't I hate you? Why can't I accept who you are just by looking at you? I am just hurting myself like this and yet.." I mumbled before drifting off to my own dreamland.

After what seemed like eternity, the bus finally reached it's destination. I was awakened by the announcement of the bus driver that we have reached Mokpo. As expected, the seat next to me was empty. I felt a pang of disappointment struck my heart. I quickly took my bags and got off the bus as I waited for my old mother.