39 •Awaken•

•Donghae's P.O.V•

I literally ran my way to the 'invited' destination. My jaw hardened as to how SM ultimately found out about everything. Getting Y/N involved here is the last thing I'd ever want. I walked inside the run down garage as I swung out my revolver getting ready for any kind of assault. The place was dimly lit as I saw shadows of my allies but heart-hated enemies.
There was Yoo Kang Joon. The drugged animal who was used by SM to rampage and discipline the target. My heart beat faster as Y/N sat bruised, bleeding and broken like a lifeless doll. I couldn't recognize her at first glance. What have they done to her?

Apparently he got to know about Y/N being involved with Henry. I told Kang Joon to leave her alone and that she has nothing to do with Henry but who am I even talking to? He was drugged and brainwashed on the head.

I pointed my revolver at him as he did the same. At this angle, he will be shot on the head undeniably. I had no reason to let him live because I tried my best to get him off the brainwashed hook. He was just a zombie right then and no amount of nice words could change him. I felt like time went by slowly as the tension in the room built up. I was about to pull the trigger and just then he gave me a twisted expression. He quickly changed his direction so that the gun now pointed directly on the back of Y/N's head. My eyes widened and my body moved on my own. This Kang Joon was completely crazy. The bullets missed Y/N's head by a few centimetres. It pierced through my lower abdomen as I fell to the floor coughing. I looked back to see Y/N's dress drenched with my blood as she sat there shaking. She looked back and our eyes met. I gave her a reassuring smile, relieved that she did not get hurt. Call me crazy, but even when I was practically dying I thought of her. I would never even think about taking the bullet for anyone but when it comes to Y/N, I could take the bullet, unaware of death.

Y/N rushed to my side as she frantically shook my body. My senses were slowly dying. Kang Joon was laughing like a psychopath cursing at me and how pathetic I was. I guess he was right. Maybe, I'll never see the world again but how do I help her out of this damn garage was a bigger concern. Like god had sent a late miracle, I could hear voices of Siwon and Yesung hyung. Good Grief. I closed my eyes as the pain beat my body to its limits. I lost my consciousness after a while as I felt the ambulance rushing in and lifting me to a stretcher.

I do not know for how many days I have been sleeping. I could tell I was taken to a hospital on that night and maybe I was operated. I had nightmares and regular dreams every now and then. Maybe it was some kind of a side effect which had a mental effect. There were times I would meet certain people in my dreams but their faces were blurry. I met my long forgotten family. The dreams got worse when eventually their faces were faceless like the slender man. Am I losing my memories?
Visions of me dancing with a very beautiful lady appeared and the time she confessed to me. Her dad asking me to marry her.. when was it again? Oh that night. That night I was gunned down. But why was I gunned down? Who were there? I could not remember anything anymore. As if there was a glitch and I felt uncomfortable every time I tried to think hard about certain events. Just then my eyes fluttered open to the world. The intense morning light making my eyes squint. I woke up.

My scrutinizing eyes searched for any source of information. My gaze landed on the calender that said 9th November, 2017. Two months has passed since the last time I saw the world. It was exactly 9:30 am right then. I looked down upon a sleeping figure with her head on the corner of the hospital bed. She was on a sitting posture with the rest of the body on the cold ground. Several questions rose with curiosity to the point my head hurt. I gasped in irritation as I held my head. The sleeping figure finally shook wide awake. Upon seeing my face, tears ran down her cheeks.

"Donghae... you.." She sniffed and broke down in disbelieve. "You are awake... Oh my god.. you are awake."

Who is she? Why is she crying? How does she know my name?

She tried to touch my face but I slapped her hand away alarmingly. I felt traumatized. What has happened to me? I wanted to scream and break things. Nothing was right. Nothing felt right.

"DONT TOUCH ME. GET OUT. FUCKING GET OUT OF MY SIGHT. PLEASE." I yelled tearfully as a migraine shot through my head. It was painful. I don't even know what I did not know.

A/N: short chapter but please live with it 🤣