15 •Abuse of Power•

Donghae's P.O.V

I woke up from a deep slumber with the back of my head throbbing badly. What's going on? I asked myself as I took note of the dimly lit room I was in. Something was not right. I recalled the past events as I closed my eyes. A sigh escaped my lips. I was not a heavy drinker so the alcohol really got me this time. Plus, why am I given a fever patch plastered on my forehead? Do I have a fever?

Maybe I'm too vague to even acknowledge myself nowadays.

Just then, Kim Y/N entered the room. I quickly pretended to be asleep because I was not ready to face her yet. So, I somehow ended up at her apartment?

She set up a warm meal on the side table. It's been a while since someone made me a delicious homemade meal, maybe my mom from 10 years ago. I don't know how she is doing anymore since my family decided to cut off their ties with me after they discovered my mafia business and my dirty organization. Yeah, things were really hard from my side but I cannot change these things sadly.

I finally heard her speak. "Ya! How bad of a drinker are you, stupid mafia bastard? Aish it's been a freaking day he's sleeping! How is he sleeping so peacefully at my freaking place when he was the one who basically wrecked everything in my life?" She yelled on the top of my voice.

My ears perked up. It had been a day I'm here? What the fuck? I'm so screwed when I enter my company next. Damn, the losses my company goes through even if I am not there a single day is annoying.

My stomach suddenly growled which was so embarrassing. I wanted to die right then.

"Ya! You are awake, aren't you?" She pulled the covers over to catch me wide awake. "Plus, I heard your stomach growl, stupid mafia bastard."

Well, the last comment was really unnecessary.

"How do you expect me to approach someone in such an unfamiliar place? Plus, why am I here?" I asked her as I straightened myself from the lying down posture.

"Don't you remember? You were crying like a mad man right in front of Club99 and begging for me to not leave you! You were apologizing to me too!" She fired back so many details of the same night when I was out with Super Junior.

I promise to never drink again. I'm an embarrassment.

"Look here, do not misunderstand my gratitude, alright? I really wanted to throw you off to the streets that night and I wouldn't even care if anyone ran their car over you. In fact, I really want to kill you right now but I'll hold back my emotions. Just like they say, Kill 'em with Kindness. Just so you know, a simple apology wouldn't even fix the mess my life is in right now. If you really hated me that much, then you could've killed me with your gang and no one would even bat an eye but embarrassing me on social media like that, how cheap of a filth are you?" Y/N yelled at me as a trail of tears ran down her cheeks.

She continued. "I lost everything for that public shame; my job and my whole dignity as a women. I couldn't even face my bestfriend with a clean impression when I met him after 5 years. I did not even publicly call you out for treating me like a whore, and yet you get back at me like that with a fucking social media post!" She sobbed harder. "DO YOU THINK IT'S FAIR? HOW YOU POWERFUL PEOPLE ABUSE THEIR POWER LIKE THAT ON THE POWERLESS?"

My heart ache with every word that escaped from her lips. Not with pity but utter guilt even if I was not the one who exposed the article. Heck, I do not even know who did it.

She took a deep breath as she calmed herself down. "Pretend you didn't hear anything about my pitiful self. Leave as soon as you are done with everything. Have the meal I made you, and I promise it is not poisoned. Take a shower before you leave since you stink of alcohol."

I nodded my head. She decided to leave the room but I stopped her. "Excuse me, Y/N." I began. "I know I have no right to say this but I have my side of the story too. To be honest, I do not even know how the article got out since I shut down every media attention as soon as I heard you rampaging at the entrance of my building."

"I do not wish to know any further of the details, Mr. Lee. What's done is done. You cannot change anything and console me with your lies. It's not funny to tarnish the life of a random powerless callgirl you met at a club just because she had your ego and pride stepped on." She said, with her back facing me.

I stood up from the bed as I made my steps near Y/N. "Kim Y/N, You don't remember me, do you?" I asked her as I pleaded for an answer that I'll never get.

Hmmm so is Lee Donghae going to reveal their past relationship to Y/N which she doesn't remember? Stay tuned for the next chapter. You responses so far have made me happy. I can't believe i got 1.5k+ reads in this book. :') thank you guys. ❤