Chapter 8

•Vienna's P.O.V•

"I promise you darling that everything will be out in the open now."Dad said as tears trickled down my face. "I'm sorry darling about this but it'll be different now."

"P-Promise?"

He nodded as his thumb stroked his hand. "Promise you."

"She's not allowed to know."Papi said as he let out a sigh. "I don't care, I need her to focus on getting herself to a college."

"Dad, this isn't fair at all. Don't you thi-"

Dad cut off Andres and looked at Papi. "Are you sure you want to keep this away from her?"

Papi nodded. "I want to and need to, this can't come out to her at all."

"This family is seriously a joke did anyone know that?"Andres said as he rolled his eyes then went out the backyard door.

I took a few steps back, I began to walk to the door and opened the door then walked into the kitchen, acting like I didn't hear what they were saying.

Dad looked at me and smiled. "Hey there darling, you okay?"

I nodded and plastered a smile on my face. "Yeah, how are you guys?"

I sat down on the stool next to Papi, his hand ruffled my hair then looked down at his newspaper. "Good, ready for school today?"

I nodded but I wasn't really, I was slowly crumbling away and didn't know what to do about it.

"Where's Andres?"

"He's outside in the backyard, catching up on some work."Dad replied with a lie and a smile on his face. "Do you want a little something for breakfast?"

"No, I'm fine."I said then I got up from the stool and looked at Papi. "I'm just going to see Andres."

He nodded. "But we leave in five mintues."

I nodded then walked out of the kitchen into the backyard to see Andres sat on the grass, writing something down on paper with a pencil.

I sat myself next to him and looked at him. "Andres?"

He looked up and looked at me. "Morning sis, what can I do for you today?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to see how you are."

"Well I'm okay, visiting Mami after this then seeing Anna."Andres replied with a shrug of his shoulder.

I looked at him. "Is it true about Anna? Is she having your child?"

Andres let out a sigh but nodded. "Yeah she is, I should of told you but I guess I never had the chance did I?"

"I guess you didn't then."

"We've just become strangers lately towards each other haven't we?"Andres said as he looked at me with a sincere look. "Like close as strangers but I think we should change that."

"O-Okay."

"So what about after school me and you go out and grab ice cream?"Andres suggested with a smile on his face.

I nodded. "Yeah sure then."

"Vi! Come on let's go!"Papi yelled from inside the house.

I got up and looked at Andres. "I'll see you after school then."

"See you then."

Shortly, I left the house with Papi and the car ride was silent because I wasn't in the mood to talk to him right now.