Broke

"I don't know what to do anymore Tae. After the birthday party we threw for Namjoon hyung, I kinda went downhill financially. The dinner we had for my birthday a week ago also left a huge dent on my wallet," Park Jimin cried, sighing as he drank his caffeine.

The 23 year-old was independent, to say the least. He was kicked out of the house after he came out of the closet, leaving him no choice but to live by himself at the early age of 21.

He thought it would be easy, and it really was— for the first three weeks. Different types of bills were thrown at him at the end of his first month, making Jimin see stars. He could barely make ends meet without his parents' support; he felt as if he lost his backbone.

Jimin knew the money in his bank account would only last him two months. So in order to survive, the boy had to take drastic measures: live in a small and cramped up apartment, juggle two part-time jobs, and even drop out of college. He did everything for survival, but it was still not enough.

His best friend, Kim Taehyung, looked at the blond sadly, thinking of ways to help him. Unfortunately, he too, was broke.

"If only I could help, Jiminie. Kookie's still in college so nobody's really helping me. The extra pampering and items for his 'little' needs are also causing me all of my money," the male said, sincerely apologizing. Jimin helped him when his bills were practically killing him, but he couldn't return the favor.

He felt awfully bad and guilty.

Jimin smiled sweetly as he held on his best friend's rather large and calloused palm. He knew his buddy well, and was well-aware of the fact that he was beating himself up internally for not being able to help.

"Hey . . . you don't need to give me financial help, okay? I'll find a way, I just wanted to let it out," told Jimin, his chubby thumb caressing Taehyung's knuckles.

"What do you say about a roommate?" Taehyung asked, blowing his hot cup of coffee. They were at a known cafe downtown, where they've been getting their dose of pastry and caffeine for nearly three years.

"A roommate? Would anyone want to be roommates with me? My apartment looks like shit, Taehyung. You know so," Jimin laughed, shaking his head slightly.

But no, Taehyung wasn't one to admit nor accept defeat. So he pressed the idea further, trying to convince the young man that he'll find someone interested.

"I'm serious man! I'll ask some friends. Think about it. A lot of weight would be off of your shoulders because somebody will be sharing your bills. You might even find yourself a caregi--"

"Taehyung!" the boy shrieked, getting up on his feet clumsily just to cover his friend's mouth with his tiny hand. His cheeks heated up profusely at the mere mention of a caregiver. He hasn't had one in ages.

Jimin's face contorted in pure disgust as he felt Taehyung's warm tongue swipe his whole palm, smearing it with his saliva. He quickly took his hand off of the male's mouth and rubbed it on his best friend's cheek as payback.

Once Jimin sat back down, Taehyung started talking, trying to make his friend consider.

"Come on, Min. Hoseok hyung will be happy for you! The both of you were platonic so I don't get why you're fussing about this," his best friend huffed, sipping his coffee. The 'irritated' man crossed his arms as he sported a pout, his forehead creasing as his eyebrows knitted together.

But of course, Jimin could see right through him.

"I'll make you keep Jungkook for a whole we--"

"You know you can't. You'll end up crawling in front of my apartment begging for him in a fucking hour."

"No I won't!"

"You did it twice this week, Kim Taehyung. And you were punishing him!" Jimin said, throwing his head back as a loud fit of laughter erupted from his plump lips.

"Aish, but in all seriousness, Min, you need a roommate. I'll find you one before the month ends, I promise. And then you'll be wasting money pronto!" Taehyung beamed, a glint of determination in his eyes. Jimin shook his head, smiling as he stood up. The duo walked outside the cafe and back to the busy and bustling streets of Seoul, deciding to settle on a different topic.

-

Hi! This is Sera, and I'm back with a yoonmin little space au!

/confetti here/

This doesn't have much of a plot and will most likely show the daily life of the yoonmin couple lolll. I will try to update this as much as possible bc I'm really inspired for this book!

Any thoughts on the first chapter?

If you liked this chapter, then leave a vote/comment!❤