Dinner With the Parks pt.2

Jimin and Yoongi entered the fancy restaurant hand-in-hand, immediately being assisted by a worker. The building wasn't too packed, much to the duo's surprise. Once they were brought to their reserved table, Jimin stiffened, seeing his mother beside an old man in his mid-50s. What got his mind off of the male was another man, similar to his age. A boy two years younger pounced on him, taking both Yoongi and Jimin by surprise.

"Hyung!" the boy said, still clinging onto Jimin. The silver-haired relaxed, hugging the person back as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.

"Jihyunie," Jimin whispered, hugging the younger tighter. Jihyun, as he was called, nodded as he hid his face in the crook of his hyung's neck, letting out a sob while he was at it.

"I missed you so much hyung," he croaked, warm tears pooling in his eyes. Jimin, like Jihyun, was a softie. Once he heard his brother's broken voice and warm tears, he couldn't stop his waterworks. Yoongi smiled at the scene before him, giving the two some space to have their moment. He instead looked at the other couple, much older from them. They both looked at him, the woman immediately standing up with the male beside her.

"Good evening, Mrs. And Mr. Park. My name's Min Yoongi, it's a pleasure meeting you," he said, bowing at the two. They bowed a bit at him in return, a smile sitting on the woman's lips as the husband gave him a timid and quick nod.

Once they were done introducing themselves, Jimin and Jihyun also finished their small scene. They were all standing, Jimin obviously a bit nervous to see the expressions of his parents. Yoongi placed a hand on the low of his back, aiming to give him a sense of safety and security. The older would never let anything happen to his baby.

Jimin, palms clammy, met the eyes of his mom and dad. His mother gave him a small smile, and once he looked his father in the eye, his breath hitched. Mr. Park wasn't saying anything, merely looking at his son.

With a deep breath, Jimin decided to speak.

"D-Dad—" the boy was cut off as the previously serious male neared him and engulfed him in a hug. Yoongi let go of his boyfriend, seeing the shocked look displayed on Jimin's face. Jimin stayed surprised for another second or two before his lips started quivering, own arms weakly returning his father's embrace.

Jimin cried softly, tears running down his cheeks as his old man continued to envelope him in his warmth and love, something he hasn't experienced in a long time. No words were exchanged, as if they were talking with their minds.

Sometimes, it frustrated Jimin that he was brought into the cruel world with such a forgiving nature. He wasn't a tough person and never imagined being like that. He was somebody who'd accept your apology if he sees your sincerity, would always try to see the good in everything or everyone. For years, he hated himself for acting that way, it irked him that he was just so easy and merciful.

But tonight, forgiving just felt right.

After a few more moments, Jimin's dad pulled away. Jimin cried a bit harder as he saw tears in his father's eyes. The what used to be terrifying and unfazed man was now vulnerable, showing his raw emotions to Jimin. He was being a human in his son's eyes for once, and that was something Jimin used to deem impossible. The façade his father put on his whole life was gone, and the male was so happy about it. He could feel it, the way his father was not acting.

The mighty and strong Park Jisung he used to be so scared of was nowhere to be found, instead, he was met with somebody who didn't hesitate to show his weaknesses. He was his father.

The group sat down, a waiter coming by their table to give them their menus. Yoongi had insisted on paying for their dinner, but the older Parks were adamant on treating them kids. Once their orders were settled, they started talking.