16. Reunion (M)

Ten and Yuna spent the entire car ride in awkward silence. Neither knew who the other was and they both weren't sure how much they could talk about or ask one another without getting in trouble with Taeyong, so they just kept quiet. By the time they made it there, both of them were eager to all but jump out of the vehicle because of the suffocating atmosphere. Ten waited for Yoona by the door that led into the house. She stood there, hesitant to enter.

"This is hyung's house. It's safe, I swear. I don't want to die today, so please believe me."

His eyes were kind and he didn't seem like the type that one would associate with organized crime, yet here he was in the middle of it. His small awkward smile of encouragement dissipated some of her tension and rid from here the sense of impending doom.

Yuna nodded and followed him in. The dark, empty hallway seemed endless as she slowly walked behind Ten, unsure of what to expect when she finally reached the end. She stepped out into the large room and flinched at the three men lined up with their heads bowed. She looked at Ten nervously, unsure of what to do.

"He's not here yet." Ten informed the others. They raised their heads and looked at him and then at Yuna.

"What the hell, Ten? This is no time to be bringing girls over." Doyoung glared at him. The others plopped on the couch.

"It's not me!" Ten defended himself. "Hyung told me to bring her here."

"Isn't she the girl from the alley?" Jaehyun recognized her from the earlier chaos.

"Yep, that's her." Winwin answered.

All of their eyes landed on her expectantly, waiting for her to give some explanation. She only fidgeted nervously.

"So? Who are you?" Doyoung asked. His face was angular and sharp and his eyes only judged.

"Me? I-I'm...uh..." She honestly didn't even know how to answer. "Taeyong's friend?" She raised the last syllable so it sounded like a question.

"How do you know eachother?" Jaehyun asked. Even after all that just happened, his expression was easy and care free, which somehow made her more nervous.

"Well, a while back he..." was it ok to tell them he got stabbed? They knew each other so they probably knew what happened, but how could she be sure? She was preparing to be a doctor, after all, and was aware of obligations to confidentiality, though she wasn't sure how applicable they were in this situation. "Um...I helped him a while back."

They looked at her, unsure if that was all she was going to reveal.

"Ah!" Doyoung suddenly snapped his fingers as he made the connection. "Stitches!"

"Ohhhh!!!" The others exclaimed in unison.

"On behalf of all of us, thank you for saving our hyung." Ten gave a respectful bow.

"Oh no please, you don't have to do that. It was nothing. Anyone would have done it."

"So was it you that he stayed with while he was gone then? What happened to him? He's been a little strange ever since." Winwin asked, his cute face beaming with a big, childish grin. Jaehyun slapped his leg.

Yuna felt her face heat up. Before she had a chance to say anything she heard the click of the door opening and the men shot up, again forming into a line near the entryway and bowing their heads. She stood awkwardly, crossing then uncrossing her arms, putting her hands in her pockets, then taking them out and clasping them in front of her. The atmosphere was suddenly very formal and suffocating and she felt nervous, like the president was about to walk in.