39. Future / Bossy (M)

"You're making me nervous. What is with the formal conversation?" Yuna asked as Taeyong guided her to a seat on the couch, sat next to her and faced her, taking both her hands in each of his.

His thumbs gently traced circles on the back of her hands. He eyed the physical connection between them and couldn't help but smile.

"Remeber when I promised that this time nothing could keep me away from you?" He lifted his gaze and met her confused stare.

"Yes..."

"I'm getting out of the business, Yuna. I'm done. We won't have to deal with any of this anymore and you will be safe."

"Done?" The fragment of a sentence left her lips as she tried to comprehend what he was telling her. "When? How?"

"I'm...kind of in trouble for what happened with Kyung Chul. I was supposed to leave it alone and let Soo Man handle it. Since I didn't, the rival clan is after me. As a favor, and in his best interest, I asked him to let me go and tell them that he took care of me himself to keep the peace between them. He said Ten, Jaehyun, Doyoung and Winwin are released too."

"He agreed? In exchange for what?" She asked, teetering on the line between ecstatic and uneasy.

"He agreed. It stops a feud and gives him more favor. If I'm not next in line, the elders are happy. That's it."

"So that means we're done with all of this? You can be normal Taeyong, like you wanted and I'll be normal Yuna and we'll just be normal together?"

"That's exactly what that means." He chuckled at her recap.

"Taeyong, that's amazing. I don't even know what to say, I wasn't expecting this." Her lips curled up and her eyes gleamed with astonishment.

"Niether was I." He confessed. "For a long time I've thought about this, but not since I met you have I really, truly wanted it. I honestly never expected it to happen, but I'm ready and I can't wait to get away from all of this."

"So what happens now?"

"Well...I want to leave this place. I want to get out of this city, that way there is no chance I'll get sucked back into family business."

"Oh." Her smile faded. "That...makes sense I guess." She bowed her head to stare at her lap in an attempt to hide her disappointment. She tried to reason with herself by telling herself at least he would be safe, even if he was planning on leaving her.

He placed the tip of his finger under her chin and tilted her head back up to look at him.

"I know it's a lot for me to ask, but I hope you'll come with me. Even if you won't, I understand. I can't ask you to leave everything behind for me, so we can stay if that's what you want.

"I'll go with you." She said without hesitation.

"What? Really?" The way she easily answered in an instant, without the slightest bit of hesitation, surprised him.

"Yes. Well, as long as Da Reum agrees. I can't leave him, but I really don't think he would object."

"You're sure? What about school?"

"I'll find a new school."

"What about your friends?"

"I have a phone, I can call them any time. I'll make more friends. Taeyong, I want to do this. I want you to live without feeling like you always have to check over your shoulder. I want you to be able to start over and live the way you want to, and that can only happen if we go somewhere else. Us not being together is not an option. You're moving and I'm going with you."