37. Nobody Died

Yuna sat in the cold chair in the thin hospital gown as she stared at the xray machine. The woman ducked behind the wall and pressed the button to take the image.

"Ok, honey. We're all done." She said sweetly as she helped her up and led her back into the exam room where Taeyong was waiting for her.

"Can I get dressed now?"

"Not just yet, the doctor will come in to examine your wounds after he reviews the xrays so you'll need to stay in the gown. It won't take too long though."

Yuna nodded and sat back down on the exam table, kicking her feet back and forth as she waited.

"Are you a toddler?" Taeyong chuckled, seeing her looking like a pouty little kid. Yuna rolled her eyes.

"I want to go home. I hate these kind of places. My arm hurts from where they drew blood and I'm cold." She complained. He stood from his chair and wrapped his arms around her, trying to warm her up.

"We're almost done, then we can go home. Da Ruem is waiting for you."

She suddenly perked up from the reminder. She was excited to see him. They had talked a lot on the phone while she had been back at her apartment but they had not yet been able to see eachother. She missed him and worried if he was doing ok.

Just then there was a knock at the door and the familiar middle aged doctor that she had seen before walked in with a file in his hands.

"Hello, Taeyong." He smiled and shook his hand. "Yuna, you're looking much better.

"I feel better." She smiled.

"I'm glad. Let's take a look at your stitches and shoulder and then we'll talk about your test results."

Taeyong's phone rang and he hurriedly took it from his pocket to silence it. Yuna glanced at the screen and saw that Winwin was calling.

"Answer it, maybe it's Da Reum." Yuna said. Taeyong looked apologetically between her and the doctor. "It's ok, I'm fine." She smiled. He nodded and stepped out of the room to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hyung, are you guys almost done? This kid has no patience. He's been asking me every two minutes if you guys are done and on your way yet."

"We're almost done. The doctor is talking to her now."

Taeyong waited for a response, but could only hear rustling and movement with an occasional "ow!" in the distance.

"Hyung! What's happening? Is she ok? What did the doctor say? Is her back hurting? How is her shoulder?" Da Reum's voice suddenly came from the other end.

"You could have just asked to talk to him, you didn't need to tackle me and steal the phone!" He heard Winwin in the background.

"Honestly, how is she doing? She tells me she's good, but I think she would tell me that no matter what, just so I wouldn't worry."

"She's ok. She seems like she's doing better. She can move around a lot more. She's getting pissed that she has to lay around all the time while she heals." He laughed. "They drew some blood and took some xrays and the doctor is looking at her stitches and checking her shoulder, then when he's done we can go home."

"Did the tests and xrays come out ok?"

"I'm not sure yet, he was going to talk to her about them now, but I'm sure everything is fine."

"Ok. I'll just keep waiting, then. Make sure you call me if there is anything wrong. Right away. Immediately. Ok?"

"I will."