59. Final Boss

Bruised and bloodied, they were all still standing, dotted along the hallway trying to catch their breath.

"Good thing we came to save you guys, right?" Marked grinned, bent forward and supporting his body weight with his hands on his knees.

Taeyong rolled his eyes, the left side of his perfect cheekbones stained with splotchy bruises.

"Why are you such a pain in the ass?" Ten snapped, leaning against the wall with his arm hugging his injured ribs.

"It's fun."

"Face it, you guys would be dead without us." Lucas stood tall, grinning widely. "Just look at these hands. They were made for this." He raised his giant palms in the air. "Good thing nothing happened to this beautiful face." He posed as though he were in a photo shoot. Jungwoo looked at him with a blank expression. "What?" He asked.

"Remember we talked about time and place?" Jungwoo reminded him sweetly, though his bloodied face was anything but. "Shall we take a minute to meditate before we continue." He turned to everyone else and asked.

Jeno, Renjun and Haechan lowered there heads and pretended not to hear.

"You're embarrassing us again." Haechan whispered to Jungwoo.

"I'll do it." Yuta volunteered.

"That sounds kind of nice, though." Doyoung said from where he sat on floor with his head leaning back against the wall.

Taeyong glared at them. "Do it later." He snapped. "Let's get this over with."

"What's the rush? There's no where for them to go." Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"They could jump out the window."

"Hotel windows don't open."

"Some do."

"Do these ones?"

"I'm not sure, I haven't been in the rooms."

"Then how do we know these do?"

"Isn't it fine if they jump out? Then we don't have to worry about it."

"They wont die from this height. It will just cause a bigger scene."

Taeyong gritted his teeth at the useless banter being exchanged between all of them. He glared at them and they instinctively closed their mouths to wait for instructions.

"Mark, Winwin, Jaehyun, Yuta." He pointed at each one. "You're coming in with me. The rest of you get rid of these guys." He kicked one of the the Yakuza that was unconscious on the floor in front of him. He hesitated for a moment. "You and you come too." He pointed to Lucas and Jeno.

Ten and Doyoung looked anxiously as Taeyong unholstered his gun.

"Are you sure you don't need us in there too?" Ten asked.

"I need you guys to keep an eye on things out here." He said in earnest. He was counting on them to make sure no other problems came up while they were inside and he trusted them to do it. They nodded their heads in understanding.

"We'll watch your back from out here, hyung." Doyoung patted him on the shoulder before turning back to help the younger ones.

Taeyong and the others positioned themselves in front of the double doors of the suite room, gleaming silver handguns wrapped in each palm. Unsure of what was waiting beyond the door, they breathed deep and steadied themselves.

"Alright, Winwin. Open it." Taeyong said quietly as he raised his gun toward the door.

Winwin stepped forward and turned his body away from the door. With one quick move he whipped his leg up and back, spinning his torso so the full weight of his body carried the kick, landing it right at the center. The movement was swift and graceful; smooth and elegant like that of a ballet dancer. The result was the complete opposite. The power in his hit landed squarely where the doors met and the wood splintered and fractured before blowing apart and flinging them wide open.