20. Bloody Information

"Tell them to bring him to the usual spot. Get the car ready." Taeyong instructed, his serious face was a sharp contrast to the dreamy daze from only moments ago. Ten quickly obeyed and left the room.

He stood up and noticed Yoona watching him from across the room with worry. He walked to her and sat down next to her, pulling the book from her hands and scooting close.

"Don't look at me like that. It makes it hard to leave." He kissed her forehead and took her hand. "This is a good thing. We'll find the one in charge of the deal and find out how much he knows. At the very least, we will make it so there is one less we to have to worry about."

"Just be careful, please." She forced a small smile.

"Of course." He pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. "I'll be back soon." He smiled and got up to leave, taking one last glance before he left the room.

***

"You guys think you've got one up on us, but you're wrong." The beefy, short haired older man spit at them after he spoke.

"That's disgusting, didn't anyone ever teach you manners?" Doyoung said with a sneer. He tied a piece of fabric around his mouth, effectively preventing it from happening again.

"So this is him, huh?" Taeyong asked as he walked into the room of the familiar abandoned building, this time in a room that opened up to a balcony high above the ground.

The man glared at him, unable to speak and his waist and one hand were tied to the arm of the chair he was in. The other was bandaged up and draped in a sling. Taeyong knew him as the one that was shot in the arm just before they got away.

"What a nice parting gift we left you." Taeyong said as he moved closer and laid his hand on the incapacitated arm. "It must have hurt." He squeezed  the spot just below his elbow hard, where he recalled seeing the bullet enter just before he turned around.

The man groaned through the fabric over his mouth. He shut his eyes tightly and his face turned crimson from the strain. Taeyong removed his hand and patches of blood soaked through the gauze where his stitches had likely split open.

"Damn. It looks like just a flesh wound. It's ok, though. I'm very generous and I wouldn't leave you without more gifts. But first, there are some things I need to know." He leaned against the nearby desk and rested his foot on top of the unoccupied armrest near the man's bandaged arm. "The first thing I need to know is who was the one responsible for the exchange and where can I find him? He's the one I popped in the knee, so he must be in recovery now right?" He smirked. "The second thing I need to know is whose idea that set up was and why. The third thing I need to know is what are their plans now? Easy, right?" He nodded to Doyoung, who removed the cloth from around his mouth.

Instead of answering, the man let out a deep, guttural cackle. Taeyong waited for him to finish, not the slightest bit amused.

"I don't know what you expect to get from me. If this is all there is, then you won't get anything. You little bastards think you're big but you're just a young little shit that made it through the ranks on your knees, right?" He continued to laugh, unaffected by the looming threat.

"I think you're mistaking my manners for weakness. There's no reason we all can't all be polite, right? I hate to go all out without giving the other person a shot first, but...it seems you don't feel the same. I asked you some questions so it's only polite to give me answers."

He lifted the heel of his boot until it met the man's bandaged arm and pressed it firmly against the spotted bandages, slowly grinding the rubber sole against his flesh. Free from the gag that was around his mouth, the man's laugh turned into pained groan.

"It doesn't seem like there's anything funny anymore. Maybe now you can answer?"

"Fuck off, you little brat."

"I hate to do it, but it looks like I'll have to be a bit more aggressive. You let me know when you're ready to cooperate and we can talk. I'm ready whenever you are." Taeyong stood up and pulled a knife from his back pocket. He casually unfolded it and started to cut the bloody bandages from his arm. "This wound doesn't look good. How much do you like having full functioning of your arm still? You must be relieved that the bullet missed all the major stuff."

The man eyed Taeyong as he examined the freshly reopened bullet wound on his arm. He folded his knife closed and returned it to his pocket, then pulled out a pen that stuck out from the man's shirt pocket. Without another word he slowly stuck it into the gaping bloody flesh and vigorously wiggled it around. The man yelled out in agony as the blunt plastic scraped against his bone and tugged and tore at his nerves and muscle. With one last shove, he stuck the pen in further so that only the top third was sticking out.

"Oh shoot. Maybe I hit something important. It seems to be bleeding a lot more now." He leaned back on the desk and crossed his arms.

"I would answer soon if I were you." Winwin advised him before flicking the end of the pen with his finger. The man yelled out again from the searing  pain. "We aren't exactly prepared to stop all this bleeding, so the sooner we finish, the better. Maybe you'll be able to make it without them having to amputate."

The man's breathing was heavy and labored. Sweat dripped from his forehead and his once bright red face began to pale.

"Fine!" He shouted between gasps. "His name is Kyung Chul. You're right, he's in recovery so I don't know where you can find him. It was Jeong Suk's plan to set you up, but I have no idea why. He says he has big plans as the new head of the family, so he's been bringing in guys that will help him get rid of everyone else. Not gangsters, but criminals. Guys who don't care about loyalty or honor, only blood and money. He wants to expand with men like that under him."

"See, that was easy!" Taeyong grinned. "I appreciate your cooperation."

"It doesn't matter if you know anyway." The man forced out a condescending laugh. "You are one of the biggest targets. If they want you, they'll get you...and if they can't, they have plenty of eyes on Nam Yuna." His laugh echoed through the room and down the empty hall. "When you find out what kind of guy Kyung Chul is, that should make you even more nervous, because it's him that wants her...especially since you are the one that shot him." His words came out in between his manic laughing until his breath hitched and he gasped and coughed.

"What do you mean by that?" Taeyong's grin had turned into a fiery glare at the mention of Yuna's name.

"That's all you get, you little shit. May you suffer in fear. He threw his head back and continued laughing.

"I don't want to play anymore." Taeyong's face was cold and hard as he stood. He pulled the pen from his arm and without pause or hesitation, stuck it in the side of the man's throat. Blood flowed down his neck and spilled onto his shirt as he kicked and struggled in the chair. His eyes were wide and stared wildly at Taeyong as he choked and gurgled, struggling to move his limp, wounded arm to his throat to no avail. Taeyong stared down at him contemptuously until his gasping and struggling slowed and his head lolled to the side.

"Find out about Kyung Chul. Dump this bastard where they will find him and make sure they get the warning." He instructed the other men in the room before walking out.