52. Old Scars

"Seriously, I think she will kill me next time she sees me." Taeyong said as he set Yejun's carseat down. "I don't think she was joking when she said it at the hospital."

Jiwon had come to see Yuna and the baby at the hospital and wasn't very happy to hear from Da Reum about the man that was stuck to Yuna in her hospital bed. She tried to stay calm in front of Yuna, but she still clearly heard the cursing and threats Jiwon threw at Taeyong outside her door.

"I'm pretty sure you're right." She laughed, knowing her best friend's temper.

"Da Reum seems like he's not too happy that I'm here either." He said as he looked around the empty house.

"He's hurt about what happened too, but he doesn't want you to leave because of it. Da Reum knows better than most what it's like to not have a dad around and he wouldn't want that for Yejun. He just thought we needed some space, that's all. He said he would be back from Jaemin's in a couple days."

She unbuckled the tiny baby from his carseat and cradled him in her arms. Taeyong reached up to stroke her hair before leaning forward to place a kiss on Yejun's forehead.

"I thought babies would be way more work. Ours just eats and sleeps and hardly ever cries."

"It's because he's happy." She smiled. The contagious gesture spread to him and his lips curled up at the corners.

"I want to take a shower and when I'm done I will make you something to eat."

"Ok, I will show this little squish to his bed. The bathroom is down the hall."

"Oh right, the guys will be coming by in a while to bring me clothes and see the baby."

Yuna froze.

"Is that ok?"

Taeyong looked at her puzzled.

"Is it...safe, I mean? Before, you said it was better I was kept hidden..."

"It's safe." He lightly gripped her chin. "Busan is a little different. It's someone else's territory and they don't like other's starting things on their turf. If someone were to come for us here, that would mean making enemies with them too. Right now as things are, there's not much of a chance for that." His hand moved to caress her cheek. "I won't let anything happen to you or Yejun. Maybe your confidence in me is less than what it once was, but I hope that you trust me again." His thumb brushed along her bottom lip. Her dark eyes seemed to sparkle as she looked at him.

Suddenly he pulled his hand away and left the room. The urge to kiss her was boiling over inside of him and he needed to be somewhere else.

She sighed, thankful that he broke contact before she lost her resolve.

"This is going to be hard." She said quietly to herself.

***

Yejun had fallen asleep in his crib and Yuna leaned over the side to watch him sleep. She would have been content to do that all day, but a knock at the door requested her attention.

She was excited to see Taeyong's brothers. They lived together for only a short time, but she enjoyed their company and they had become real friends to her. She missed being able to talk to Jaehyun. She missed Doyoung's honesty and wisdom and Ten and Winwin's cuteness and ability to make her laugh. Not knowing what happened to them after that day had always hung in the back of her mind and she was relieved to know they were all ok. She quickly went to open the door to greet them.

Her smile faded when she recognized the man in front of her.

"Joonyoung..." she breathed. She shifted awkwardly to position as much of herself as she could behind the half closed door. "What are you doing here?"