54. Family Reunion

Seven grown men stood on the door step with stuffed animals, balloons and pale blue and yellow gift bags with cute animals on them, their eager grins spread across their faces.

A moment ago, Taeyong could have shot them all as soon as he opened the door for interrupting he and Yuna. Now, he felt like he was in a dream. Between Yuna saying she still loves him and the ridiculous scene in front of him, he couldn't distinguish from reality.

"Congratulations, hyung!" Ten beamed as he pushed a stuffed puppy into Taeyong's arms. "I can't wait to see the tiny version of you. I bet he's so cute!"   

"Where's noona?' Mark asked.

"Shut up." Doyoung nudged him with his elbow. "Letting you come was already pushing it. If I were you I would keep your distance." 

Before Taeyong could voice his irritation with them, Yuna stood beside him and pulled the door open the rest of the way to greet them.

"I'm really happy to see all of you." she smiled. "Please come in." She stood aside and they each gave her a hug as they passed, their faces happy, yet apologetic knowing they had also been part of Taeyong's secret.

Mark passed and let his hug linger a little too long for Taeyong's liking. He grabbed the back of his shirt, pulling him back and pushing him to follow the rest inside. Mark turned back to glare at him.

"Yuna!" Jungwoo said her name cutely with a comfortable familiarity that grated on Taeyong's nerves. 

"My lady!" Lucas' voice bellowed as he closed the door behind him and passed her.

"What the fuck?" Taeyong exclaimed.

"Hi guys. I'm glad you came." She linked her arm with Taeyong's before he could take a step forward. 

"Be nice." She whispered to him. 

The room suddenly seemed so small with all of them in it, but she had missed their noisiness and joking and bickering. It had been so quiet and a little lonely since they had come to Busan.

"How are you feeling?" Jaehyun asked.

"Really good." Yuna answered. "It was a little tough before, but since Yejun was born, I'm doing much better."

"Can we see him?" Winwin grinned.

"He was sleeping but I'm sure you loud idiots woke him up." Taeyong directed his gaze to Lucas, who had a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"I'll go check on him." She gave Taeyong a warning look before she left the room. He quickly followed after her.

"They are here to congratulate us, don't be mean." She whispered to him as he closed the door to the bedroom where Yejun's crib was.

"Sorry." His shoulders slumped.

Yejun was awake and quietly laying in his crib. She spoke softly to him as she changed his diaper and got him dressed. Taeyong stood behind her, unable to hide the smile from watching the two of them.

"Hey..." His voice was low. "Are we...ok now?"

It took her a moment to respond.

"There's more, isn't there?" She picked up Yejun and turned to face him. "You said you would find me when everything was over, but you didn't come to find me. You came because of Yejun.

"You're right." He sighed. "I wasn't keeping it from you, I just hadn't got to that part yet."

"What else is there? Isn't Soo Man dead?"

"It's a little complicated..."

"Then just give me the quick version." She urged.

"Well...I owe Mark a debt because he came that day. Basically, he helped me with Soo Man, so I am obligated to help him with his problem."