34. Man To Man

He carried her in his arms up the stairs, trying to be as gentle as he could with his hands underneath her, though not caring as he loudly trudged up the stairs and cursed as his elbows knocked into the railing. He reached the door of her apartment and struggled to put in the code to unlock her door. He had only used it once when he stayed there so long ago, but it still lingered in his memory.

"Oh, it's you." Jinyoung said flatly, peeking out from his door. He scowled at Taeyong and then his eyes moved downward to Yuna, who laid like a dead squid in his arms. "Oh my god, Yuna!" He shouted as he burst out of his apartment. "What happened to her?" He looked to Taeyong accusingly.

"Fuck off." Taeyong said as he pressed the wrong buttons and cursed at his mistake.

"She needs help. I'm not going anywhere. You must think I'm stupid, but I know exactly what you are." He said, quickly pushing past him and putting in the code himself. The door unlocked and Taeyong looked at him with surprise. "You must be a complete idiot if you think I'm just going to turn and walk away now. You can't help her by yourself, anyway so just get over it and bring her in." He urged him.

Taeyong glared at him, but didn't argue. There were more important things to take care of now. He brought her in and put her on the couch, manipulating her body so she laid on her stomach.

"Get me some towels or something. And a blanket." Taeyong ordered him. He peeled his jacket off of her, revealing a gash that matched the length of his forearm.

"H-holy crap." Jinyoung gasped. "I don't think we can fix that, she needs to go to a hospital."

"Shut up and get me some towels. A doctor is coming."

Jinyoung rushed to get the towels as Taeyong gently pulled the torn fabric from her shirt away from her skin and ripped it the rest of the way off. In the back of his mind he was fully aware of Jinyoung moving familiarly through her apartment, knowing exactly where to go to find what they needed. He came back with towels, a blanket and the first aid kit. Taeyong took them from him without taking his eyes off of her, gently laid the blanket over her bare legs and pressed the towels to her back to help stop the bleeding. A small whimper escaped her lips.

"There's nothing else for you to do now. Get out." Taeyong's voice came out sharp and hard.

"I'm not leaving and if a doctor doesn't show up in the next sixty seconds, I'm calling an ambulance." Jinyoung answered with a harshness that matched Taeyong's.

Taeyong turned to him with a murderous glare, but despite his threatening aura, Jinyoung could see the crazed desperation in his face. His messy hair, his wide eyes that were rimmed with pink and the way he clenched his jaw, seeming to swallow back the threat of oncoming tears. He was a lost boy now, not the arrogant man that he had met before. A long, threatening silence came between them.

The air of intimidation subsided when there was a knock at the door and both their heads snapped in its direction.

"Hyung, it's me." A muffled voice came from the other side.

"It's the doctor. Let them in." Taeyong instructed Jinyoung.

He huffed in response, but still opened the door. Jaehyun led a middle aged man inside. He asked no questions and didn't seem surprised by what was happening, as if it were a normal everyday occurance to be whisked away to someone's home and have to treat them under extreme and secretive circumstances.

"Doctor, please help her." Taeyong begged. His tone had switched from aggressive to pleading, quickly and seamlessly.

The doctor crouched next the couch as Taeyong moved himself to the side, though still trying to stay as close to her as he could. The doctor gently lifted the blood soaked towel from her back and examined the wound, then placed his fingers at her wrist to check her pulse. He methodically pressed along her eye and the side of her face that was swollen and bruised, then pushed along the ridge of her shoulder that looked strained and irregular underneath her skin. He quickly skimmed the rest of her body for other injuries, pulling the blanket back and stopping at her bare legs. The purple splotches and jagged red teeth marks on her inner thighs were a vivid contrast to the pale skin of her legs. The doctor sat back and sighed.