29. Baby Koala

"Noona~~~" Da Reum whined. "You be a healer, I don't want to."

"Ugh, fine! Such a baby, geez."

Da Reum sat on the floor with his laptop on the small table in the living room. Yuna sat with hers on the adjacent corner with Taeyong sitting behind her, his legs splayed out on either side of her, his arms snaked underneath hers and wrapped around her rib cage and his chin resting on her shoulder, watching her play.

"I can't heal you when you're running around like a fucking idiot, you bastard." She sneered at another player on the screen.

"You know, that dirty mouth of yours is really sexy." Taeyong turned his head and quietly whispered into her ear.

She giggled and twitched her head to the side as his breath tickled her ear. He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Ugh, gross. Quit it guys. I'm not going to be able to play if I throw up all over my computer." Da Reum warned.

"Noooooo!!! You bitch!!!" Yuna yelled at the screen again. Taeyong chuckled in amusement.

"What is going on here?" They heard Doyoung's voice behind them.

Yuna threw a quick glance over her shoulder and Taeyong turned his head to see the rest of the guys standing at the entrance, watching them curiously.

"Da Reum is going to throw up, Yuna is yelling obscenities at her computer and hyung looks like a baby koala stuck on her back. Seems pretty straightforward." Winwin commented.

"I told you it's weird, noona." Da Reum scolded her. "I apologize for my sister, she's super embarrassing sometimes."

"Sorry. I'll do my best to tone it down." She sighed. "Also, baby koalas are cute, so it's fine."

"I don't think I've ever heard Taeyong hyung be called cute." Doyoung said.

"What do you mean? How is that possible? He's clearly overwhelmingly adorable."

"Well, yeah, I guess. I mean, right now at least." Ten answered. They all nodded their heads in agreement. "Oh and he also does that wiggly shoulder thing sometimes and-"

"Ok, that's enough." Taeyong cut him off with a warning tone. "What's up?" He asked. Ten's eyes glanced between Taeyong and Yuna as if asking if they should go talk somewhere else. "It's ok, she might as well know what's going on too."

"Um, well...since the others were supposed to be getting info on those safe houses, we reached out to hyungnim to ask about it, but..." Ten hesitated. "We got nothing and he said he wants to see you."

Taeyong sighed and leaned his forehead against Yuna's shoulder. 

"Shit."

"What? What does that mean? Are you in trouble or something?" Yuna asked.

"I don't know. It's a little strange, actually."

"Why wouldn't he just tell us? Is this really something that requires a meeting? I mean, it's more personal than it is a family thing, so why is he interfering so much?" Doyoung asked.

"Something seems off, hyung." Jaehyun urged. Taeyong nodded and hummed in agreement.

Yuna abandoned her keyboard and mouse and twisted herself to look at Taeyong. Her eyebrows arched and formed worry filled lines on her forehead.

"Is it dangerous?"

He smiled and shook his head.

"It's just to talk. It will be ok." He reassured her. She stared blankly at him, not quite convinced. "You're about to get kicked out of the match." He kissed her cheek again and unlatched his hands from around her, placing them at the controls.

She turned back and eyed the screen quietly as he maneuvered around the map, then sighed and settled back against his chest.

"You're lucky I like you, otherwise you could have just lost your hands for that." She warned.

"It's true. I couldn't use a keyboard for two weeks." Da Reum confirmed. "One time she was playing and took a break in between matches to get some water so I jumped on because it was starting and when she came back and saw that I took over, she was so pissed that she-" 

"Nam Da Reum." She said his name in warning with a hauntingly cold tone. His story ended and he laughed nervously.

"I mean, my noona is the nicest, most thoughtful and caring person in the entire world." He said as she continued to glare at him. "And uh...she's pretty! And nice...and...all that."

"Then I guess I'm lucky that such a nice, thoughtful, caring, strong, smart, beautiful person likes me that much." Taeyong smirked.

"Hey now, don't put words in my mouth and get carried away with all that extra stuff. And I said pretty, not beautiful, and even that was a stretch. No need to overdo it."

"Are you sure we're related?" Yuna scoffed. "How could you talk about your precious only sister that way?"

"Are you sure that's what you want to say?" Taeyong asked as he slowly turned his eyes and locked them on Da Reum. They were icy cold and ignited in flames at the same time. Overpowering. Intimidating. So much that it sent a shiver down Da Reum's spine. It was like Yuna's mom look, but infinitely more serious, like a warning that implied your body was going to be buried in the woods rather than a threat to not make dinner for you.

"I was just kidding! Of course my noona is the best!" He forced a laugh through the discomfort and turned his head back to the screen. "It was just a friendly spat between siblings, gosh, no need to bring your crime lord boyfriend into it." He grumbled.

Yuna sneered at him and childishly stuck her tongue out at him. Taeyong ignored his comment and smiled warmly at the word boyfriend that he had never been called before.

***

"Yuna" he nuzzled his nose into her neck and whispered against her skin.

Her eyes fluttered open and with a mind of their own, her arms reached up to encircle his neck.

"Hm?"

"I have to go now." He said in between light kisses on her throat.

"Go where?" She asked sleepily.

"To see hyungnim."

Her arms dropped from his neck and he pulled back to look at her.

"Do you have to go?" She pouted.

"I have to."

"Can't you stay with me?" She looked up at him through her dark lashes and softly grazed her finger over his collar bone. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"You don't know how much I want to." He lightly caught her fingers in his grasp and pressed his lips to her fingertips. "But I cant ignore it."

"Ok, fine." She huffed. "I will just be here waiting for you...feeling bored...and lonely. I hope you feel guilty."

He laughed at her blatant attempt to make him feel bad, but it worked.

"I definitely do. I promise I will make it up to you."

"You'd better." She smiled. "I'll have something ready for everyone to eat when you get back, just call me when you are coming back so I know when to start cooking."

He nodded his head and kissed her before getting up to leave.

"Oppa, come back safely. I'll be waiting for you." She crooned behind him.

He stopped in his tracks and his head spun back around, eyes wide and mouth open in awe. She laid on the bed, drowning in fluffy blankets and peeked her face out, biting her lower lip to restrain her laugh.

"Wha-" he stammered. "Say that again."

"Gross, once was more than enough. Go away." She laughed and threw a pillow across the room at him.

He dodged the fluffy projectile with a smooth and fluid motion.

"Ok, no rush. I'll make you say it again later for sure, though." He winked and then disappeared out the door.