58. Level 1, Start

"Ok Kun, you're good to go." Taeil patted his back after securing his earpiece and testing it.

"I'll let you all know how it looks in there." Kun smiled before getting out of the dark van and starting his trek toward the Daegu hotel. Taeyong gave him a nod and sent him on his way.

"Testing comms. Sound off." Taeil instructed into the bulkier headset he wore.

Ten, Jaehyun, Doyoung and Winwin each responded through their earpieces from their place in a black SUV parked on the opposite end of the hotel to make sure they were working ok.

"This is so fancy." Mark's voice came through.

"This is what professionalism looks like." Taeyong answered. "I know it's a new concept to you, but learn from it well."

"We don't need it."

"That's why you'll never be one of the big boys, kiddo." Taeyong said condescendingly.

Mark scoffed and they heard giggles in the background before Jeno, Renjun and Haechan responded to check their earpieces.

"Where's Yuta?" Taeyong asked.

"He should be coming any minute. He just want to scope out the hotel first."

Just as Taeil answered they heard the roar of an engine and a sleek black motorcycle pull up next to the van, topped with a sleek, black-clothed rider.

"I hear you loud and clear." Yuta flipped up the visor of his helmet and winked at them through the window, though he couldn't see them through the dark tint.

"How's it looking in there, Kun?" Taeil asked.

"I don't see any sign of them. I need more time to get some info." He whispered.

"You think this is going to work?" Taeil asked Taeyong as they sat waiting for Kun to get back to them.

"It has to."

"And what about when it's over? What happens to us?"

"As for you what happens to you all...it's your choice now. For me, when this is over, I'm done. There's someone waiting for me.

"I've heard. You're a family man now, huh?" Taeil smirked. "It's going to be hard to adjust to domestic life."

"I'm ready. I didn't realize it before, but I've never been more ready for anything."

"That's the thing, though. You may feel ready, but you'll always have to be careful around the ones you love. You might be ready to throw all of this away, but the monster inside of us will never die, Taeyong." Taeil warned.

Taeyong silently considered his old friend's advice. No way, he thought. As long as he kept away from this mess, he was sure they could be happy. He was abandoning that monster inside of him like everything else.

"Guys." Kun's whisper yell could be heard over the radio waves. "He was down here with maybe six other guys but now they're going upstairs to meet privately. Room 217. There are probably more around. It's clear down here now. Security is no problem either."

"This is is then." Taeyong opened the door to the van and jumped out. "Be ready for anything." He told Taeil before closing the door.

Taeyong and Yuta swiftly moved across the street and toward the back of the hotel where he met the rest of his brothers. He spotted Mark and his guys eyeing them from a van nearby as they passed and gave a nod before they headed quietly in the service entrance at the back.

As promised by the hotel employees they paid off, it was clear. Taeyong, Yuta and Ten took the service elevator to the second floor, while Jaehyun, Doyoung and Winwin took the stairs to cover the other end of the second floor hallway. Mark and the others followed in after and waited on the first floor for the signal. Kun still kept an eye on the event to make sure they weren't going to be expecting anyone else.