Princess Ky vs. Monsters

"Get up" Don smacks my foot.

I flinch from the force and roll over.

He taps my leg and I remain still.

He moves up smacking my hip, I roll back over and look at him.

"Get up and get ready" he says lowly.

He walks out of the room and I get up making my way to the bathroom cleaning up. I walk out to see Don sitting in front of a man and a little girl with ponytails. From behind, I could tell he was dressed in all black like Don usual is. He's got a sleeve full of tattoos and looks to be struggling with a little girl who looks to be five maybe six.

" J, please sit still baby girl, daddy's just has this one thing to do" he tells her. She wiggles around trying to break free of his grip.

I walk further into the living room and he is daddy indeed. He's one of those hot dad's that shows up to his little girl's soccer games that all the single mom's flirt with. He turns around like he's aware of my presence and the little girls' head pops over his big shoulder and peers at me.

"Come, sit" he smiles. I go and sit next to Don and the little girl looks at me with her wide eyes then towards Don and she scoots closer to the man.

"She's cute ain't she" the man announces.

"Very" I perk up with a smile.

"I'm Kyle, this is Janiah" he says.

"Kyra, nice to meet you" I say.

"I'm his boss and her dad, I got stuck babysitting today, wife went to take care of business, hope you don't mind" he smiles. "Not at all, who would with such a cutie pie like that" I answer.

"Daddy" she yanks on his shirt.

"I'm here just for a check-up, or an update if you prefer, you're one of our special charge's, we don't know why we're just given specific instructions to protect you by the big up there" he explains pointing to the ceiling.

"Daddy" Janiah whines.

"So, let's start shall we?" he suggests.

"Have you been hurt so far?"

"No"

"Do you feel comfortable with your shadow?"

"Yes"

"Has he do anything inappropriate to make you feel uncomfortable?"

"No"

If you count horny then maybe.

"Don has brought to my attention that you weren't aware of your marks nor the fact that you are of a witchcraft bloodline" he reads. When he says it, it just sounds embarrassing. I've been living a lie my entire life. Talk about your Princess Diaries moment.

I'm not mad though, my mother practical hates me so of course, she wouldn't tell me. She hates anything related to magic, according to her magic is the devil's deception.

"Yeah" I answer once again.

"Are there any possible family members-"

"Daddy!" Janiah whines pull his shirt again.

"Sweetheart, give me a few more minutes and will be out of here okay?" Kyle whispers to her.

"I have to go potty, let me go" she complains. Kyle sighs and nods towards Don, "Where's your bathroom?" he says politely.

"I can take her" I offer. He looks at me for a few minutes like he's debating whether or not to do it, I wouldn't blame him. I certainly wouldn't just let some random lady take my kid to the bathroom, you never know with people these days.