Connecting the Pieces

Before I begin this chapter I would like to sincerely apologize for my lack of updating. I've been under so much pressure and stress with college stuff, so much to the point of getting physically sick. I have been on winter break and I'm recuperating from my first semester and trying to get myself back on track physically, emotionally, and mentally. The truth is I've also felt extremely uninspired due to a grown ass women who thinks she's an art teacher trying to delegate and tell me what my art is suppose to mean. I have been going through an artist block and crisis because of this woman, but I'm trying to get back on the horse and recuperate.Also, I have received a lot of questions about the stories time line and whether or not some parts of the story are miss and so forth. So here's the deal... 

1. The specials that I wrote in between the chapters fro the Holidays are set way in the future, specifically after the time period in which this story is set. That is why there are some things that may not make sense right now and your hear of some characters that you've never seen. I believe I explained that those chapters didn't pertain to the story line at the beginning of each chapter, but if i didn't or wasn't clear enough, I apologize. 

2. The story has sort of been going back and forth in the timeline with this book. Starting from the Chapter '7 Deadly Signs' I jumped forward in time a couple of days, every chapter after that has been Kyra explaining how all the events unfolded to that point at the beginning of the '7 Deadly Signs' Chapter. 

3. And for some reason, I posted the same chapter twice *facepalms*. So I'll take down the accidental double chapter and post this one

So now that that is cleared up, on with the chapter!

Previously on Shadow...

Jay was punched in the face and thrown through after putting up a fight and Don began to follow soon after.

'NO! PLEASE!' I dug my fingers in the dirt trying to bring myself forward.

'Love you Gypsy'

The portal disappeared.

Lights appeared all around me and I was lifted. They became so bright that it burned, but I couldn't feel the physical pain.

A room appeared around me, yet I didn't pay attention to it.

"She went it labor!" a muffled voice yelled.

Feet rushed around me as I lay in one spot staring up into the ceiling.

Soft and muffled yelling was all I could hear as I felt a chill hit my wet face. Tears kept rolling and I couldn't stop them. I felt......paralyzed.

I finally had broken out in a mournful sob. My chest heaved up and down as my hands could finally move to grip onto my chest. To the place where my heart was. To the only place that I felt the most pain.

My sobs mixed with crying of a child, a baby.

"It's a boy"

*Present*

I sit in the same room I woke up in, legs crossed at the knee, back up against the wall.

My eye sockets hurt and my head felt like a heavy metal band spent the night in it. I push my hair back and stare out the window letting in the harsh white light of the hostile sun. A knock on the door makes me lazily roll my head in the direction of it.

Felix. Tall and lean with the body of a swimmer. His long pitch-black hair slicked back into a low ponytail giving him clean look. His yellow eyes still the same against his sharp angular face. His black slacks and rumpled long sleeve button up contribute to his mature and father like aura.