Sleepover

I take a deep breath as the water closes in around me.

Peacefully terrifying.

The silence I hear around me makes me shake with fear as I push off the back wall and stare out the glass finally able to see the bathroom.

Please come for me.

I blow out a bit of air and let my body sink towards the back wall. Doubt instantly internalizes in me.

He's not coming.

I feel my chest try and cave in as the water stings my eyes due to the new salty tears. As I stare into space I see a black figure appear slowly then shoot forward. He stares into as I move up and beat on the glass staring at him with shining eyes.

He did come.

He looks around and sees nothing so he walks out and comes back with a metal bar. He swings hitting the glass with the force of a tidal wave doing as much damage as I did in a few punches in one swing. He swung again and I waved my hand shaking my hand blowing out a bit more bubbles. He pays me no attention and swings again causing water to spill out a bit. I breathe out a bit in excitement and push the glass. It begins to crack. He waves his hands telling me to scoot back and I obey. He swings harder and harder.

Swing

Crack

Swing

Water trickles out

Swing

Waters rushing out

Swing

Water comes out like a flood and my body is snatched forward by the force, throwing me and spinning me around. My naked body is dropped right on top of him and he instantly wraps his arms around me. I cough out and heave air in at a pace that makes my chest hurt. I hear a towel being ripped down and warmth overcomes my naked body. I welcome the warmth and lean against his body breathing. He falls back on his elbows inhaling deeply. He's soaked from the steaming hot shower water.

"I thought....... if I died......in the shower.....it would be American Psycho style" I pant in between breaths. Don lets out a deep laugh and I giggle leaning my head back on his chest.

"You okay?" his tone serious. I lift my right hand up, dripping blood on the towel before me scratched and bruised.

"Perfect" I sigh.

"Ky!" I hear someone yell. I turn my head and see Zelenia with pink colored hair and a crop top with shorts.

"Ky- oh! I am so sorry! I didn't you two were.....intimate" she smirks. I shake my head and sit up clasping the towel with a bloody hand. Don sits up arms on his knees as he squeezes his shirt and pulls the towel around my backside.

"What the hell happened?" She asks surveying the scene around us. "I've heard of being rough but this", she points around, "is a bit much"

Don closed the towel with one hand helping me up with the other.

"We need to leave now" Don speaks. He pushes Zelenia out and brings me forward. He sets me down on the bed and brings thing out of his closet. He pulls a shirt 2 sizes bigger than my body over my head making my wet hair touch my skin and shot a shiver down my spine. I pull my hair out and I slip on the pair of sweats he gives me and he drags me up and grabs something off the dresser pulling Zelenia in tow.

We disappear into smoke and appear somewhere unknown to me.

"What in the fuck?" Jay yells.

"Hey, Jay" I say. I plop on his couch overly tired and cold.

"My apartment is compromised" Don says.

"Ooo a sleepover, haven't had one of those since we were kids" he winks at Don.

Don's response is to flip him off and continue searching for whatever he's got. He walks around the counter and grabs something walking back and taking a seat next to me.

"Another attempt on your life I assume"

I nod.

"What happened this time?" he asks.

"Locked me in the shower and tried to drown me" I speak.

"Zonks" Jay snorts.

He takes a look at Zelenia and nods towards her. She smiles slightly and he winks. It doesn't take a genius to know what's going on over there. Don finishes wrapping my hand and I wrap my wet curly hair into a bun and lay back.

I smile and turn my head towards Don who's leaning back and rubbing his eyes.

"We need to go" he speaks. Jay nods and grabs a jacket swinging it on his arms. Don is up in a flash, wet clothes and all.

"We'll be back" Jay nods to Zelenia. A look flashed through her eyes, but she blinked it away.

"I'm gonna make breakfast" she calls before heading into another room. I nod and glance around, his apartment is nice. It's got that urban playboy vibe about it. I go to stand up but something catches my eye. I turn to see the vile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do think is in there?" I ask chewing my 4th pancake.

"I don't know, it looks like a demonic spirit, what does the book say?" Zelenia talks into her cup of orange juice.

I pick up the ancient weather dried leather bound book flipping through the pages. My eyes search for a description that matches what I see before me. I see something a bit familiar and I silently turn it towards Zelenia. Her eyes quickly move back and forth as she reads before shaking her head no. I sigh closing the book. Why would Don just have a vile with moving gas?

It's never that simple. I thought you would have learned by now that everything is not what it seems.

Right. Nothing is ever what it seems.

"Let's just open it" I declare.

Zelena's eyes cut towards me with worry.

"Are you crazy? We don't even know what we'd be opening up" she screeches.

"All the more reason to open it"

I put my plate on the coffee table and Zelenia does the same and before I could reach it she pushes my hand away.

I reach for it again but she grabs it.

She smirks raising one eyebrow and waves the vile at me. I smile and run after her, tackling her to the floor as she screams with joy and jolt of excitement. We hit the floor and the vile lands a few feet away from us smashing it a million tiny pieces.

Shit