Symptoms of Darkness

Don P.O.V

Darkness. I felt it stir within me.

I can't sleep. My body tingles with the need to move. Fast and hard. I feel something inside me stir again and I shift laying on my side for once. Her back was facing me as the moonlight drenched her skin in it's glows, her back and arms glistening with sweat. I sit up and lean my back against the part of the headboard that wasn't broken. I fiddle with the ring on my finger and look at her.

What the hell are you doing to me? My eyes follow the of her stomach and the curve of her hips in which my bare hands held only hours ago. The scratch marks on my skin now red and more prominent through my tattoo's, the feeling hot yet comforting knowing I made her lose control. The room complete obscure from every moment she threw her head back or her eyes rolled and toes curled.

YES. More. More.....

The darkness within me still on high from the encounter.

More. I need her. More. More! MORE!

I shake my head gripping my skull trying to muffle my conscience.

SHE NEEDS TO REST.

She groans out and turns slightly towards me making the darkness twitch. Her eyebrows squinted together, a pout on her lips, face glowing with perspiration. The roots of her hair not wet and curly. I reached my hand out pressed my palm on her forehead pushing her hair back. I make the same motion again and I feel the overwhelming heat of her face. I frown.

I touch her forehead with the back of my hand and to say it was on fire is an understatement. She has a high fever. I move my hand down her cheek and her neck pull the sheets covering her down only to discover it damp with her sweat. She's burning I pull my sheets back and hop out of the bed and over her bra making my way to the bathroom. I pull a bath towel and throw it in the bathtub running cold water over the whole thing. I ring it out and carry it back into the room where I flip the damp sheets off her naked body and replace it with the cold towel. She shivers and sighs in what seems to be relief. I pull her legs lightly out from under the sheets and place them on top. I sit next to her and check her temperature again. Her skin still on fire.

"Kyra" I call tapping her cheek lightly.

She opens her heavy eyes.

Good, she's not dead.

"You're burning up"

"No, I-I'm j-just a little cold" she shivers

"No your not, you're on fire and my........shadow isn't working to heal you"

Her hand comes up to my shoulder and she strokes it before having it fall lazily onto the towel. I need to bring her temperature down and fast.

Ice. I need a lot of ice.

I get up walking into the bathroom again and turn on the faucet as a rushing river of cold water flows into the tub. I jog out and down the hallway leading to Jay's kitchen. I throw open the freezer and pull out two bags of ice and carry them in each hand to the bathroom.

I knew it was a bad idea. I knew and I kept going. I let it take over.

I hear a thump as I set the bags next to the half-filled tub. I walk into the room to find her on the floor the cradling the wet towel to her front and shivering. I pick her up and set her back on the bed as she hunches over ready to fall again in which I steady her again. I pull off my black tank top and pull it onto her, the fabric meeting just below her bare bottom. I pull her up to walk and help her to the bathroom. We meet the tub and she raises her leg weakly, barely meeting the rim tub. I pick her and place her in the tub and she shivers slightly resting her head on the rim. I pick up a bag of ice and pour it in. He legs shake and she whimpers as I continue to pour the ice in.