Playing Baseball With Morons

I walk down the street I knew all too well, Don's large hand holding mine as we went.

"Squeeze my hand any harder and it might actually hurt" Don speaks.

"Sorry" I mutter.

"Don't think too much about it"

"How?! I could have made her head explode or her entire body"

"You weren't focusing that hard to manage that, you need to relax"

"Easy for you to say, you're not dealing with my mother"

"She doesn't really seem to get along with anyone else in the family" he speaks.

"My grandmother is disappointed, my uncle is over her, my sister is her slave, William is an airhead, and I'm ready to fight"

"Her slave?" Don asks.

"My mother wants the entire family to be of a high social status, meaning she wants us all to fit into her perfect little Barbie Dream House life, the only person who could do that for her was Lilly" I explain. "She never even gave me a shot. You see, I'm what she calls her unforgivable sin, after my sister's father passed away she became severely depressed, got way too drunk one night and from what my grandmother and sister told me, she slept with a random man and got pregnant with me"

He says nothing, just a blank stare.

"So, what about you?" I break the silence.

"Fortunately my mother did love me, father was a bounty hunter, mother was a warrior from the elven side"

"Your mother was an actual elf ?" I whisper glancing around.

He nods casually.

Oh yeah, it's normal for people to have an elf as a mother you didn't know?

"Then why the hell are you so.." I trail off motioning to him, he frowns at me.

"I'm just saying, sounds like you all were close and your not exactly Mr.Sunshine," I say.

"My parents died when I was eight, moved in with Jay's parent's" he continues.

I wince and shut my eyes.

God Ky, you can be a real asshole sometimes.

"I'm sorry," I say as I glance towards him.

"You have any siblings besides Jay and Leo" I switch topics.

"Nope"

The gate comes into view and I see a couple of guys already out there.

"Looks like we have some competition" I call.

We walk to the gate looking through the diamond-shaped holes.

"I can get rid of them if you want" I smirk towards Lilly.

"No, I'm not getting in trouble with you again" Lilly laughs.

"Again?" William asks.

"She flashed her boobs to the entire boy's baseball team"

"Not one of my best moments" I say.

"Well come on, we got some people to kick off the field" we round the gate.

I walk onto the field where the pitcher is.

"Hey we got next game" I say.

"Sorry sweetheart, we've got the whole field today" he responds.

"Not possible, we got next" I say again.

"Come on man just pitch the ball so we can get started!" another guy yells from across the way.